Asus nvidia GeForce gtx 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am having some trouble booting both usb installer and yosemite atm, and I am quite sure it is my graphics. I do however have a usb keyboard that wont let me type a underscore when im in unibeast boot, which is annoying. I really think I need the flag nv_disable=1 , is there any alternative to this? Can I somehow put it in the BIOS settings? Can I use space instead of underscore? Any solutions? Been messing around but getting nowhere.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am having some trouble booting both usb installer and yosemite atm, and I am quite sure it is my graphics. I do however have a usb keyboard that wont let me type a underscore when im in unibeast boot, which is annoying. I really think I need the flag nv_disable=1 , is there any alternative to this? Can I somehow put it in the BIOS settings? Can I use space instead of underscore? Any solutions? Been messing around but getting nowhere.

The GTX760 is supported natively, you don't need to use nv_disable=1 at all.

Please read the Rules.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Sorry about that, I had a different thread about the surroundings of my problem, and didnt get a big reply, so I thought I would isolate this problem and see if I would get some answers.

Here is the original thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...boot-usb-unibeast-installer-nor-yosemite.html

My build is

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5

I am currently stuck not getting into installer nor Yosemite, tried a complete list of flags for both, in various variations, except the nv_disable=1 , so I thought that would be the sinner.
I have also tried various guides for BIOS settings, and they are all pretty much the same, but they dont seem to help.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Eli

Sorry about that, I had a different thread about the surroundings of my problem, and didnt get a big reply, so I thought I would isolate this problem and see if I would get some answers.

Here is the original thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...boot-usb-unibeast-installer-nor-yosemite.html

My build is

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5

I am currently stuck not getting into installer nor Yosemite, tried a complete list of flags for both, in various variations, except the nv_disable=1 , so I thought that would be the sinner.
I have also tried various guides for BIOS settings, and they are all pretty much the same, but they dont seem to help.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Your build details need to be in your profile so that people don't have to scroll back through your posts just to see what you have.
Please add details of your motherboard under system where you currently have Yosemite.

How are you connected to your monitor ?
VGA is not supported - Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Make sure VT-d is disabled in your BIOS.

Boot with -v -x and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

Ok, thank you for your patience.

I am connected with one HDMI cable from Graphics to screen.
Also, this was all up and running a week ago, so it shouldnt have any problems with the hardware itself, nothing has changed, except me messing around with the BIOS and settings in Chameleon Wizard.

Vt-d also definitely disabled.

When I try to run Yosemite which is already installed, I get these, which are video grabs as it keeps rebooting:

IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2625.jpg

If I do exactly the same flags and try to run from USB Unibeast, I get slightly further and past the "Kernel is not a kext", and end up here:

IMG_2629.jpg

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Eli

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 208
Which processor do you have ?

Your profile says 4790 but your Post #3 says 4790K.

It's important to be precise.

Apologies, that would be 4790K.

And how are you booting ?
From your hard drive or from your Unibeast USB drive ?

See this thread for BIOS settings.
Set yours to Optimised Defaults first then apply the settings shown.

Hello again.

Followed your instructions and yet again updated my BIOS accordingly.
It did however not have this option:

"3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled."
It does have an option called Intel Graphics, so I figured it mustve been a typo, and changed that to disable.

I am booting with these settings both to the USB Unibeast and into Yosemite already installed, I tried both again and seem to have gotten no further. The auto reboot seemed however to stop on Yosemite already installed, which was nice, and I now got this:

yose.jpg

I have no idea why you would have used NullCPUPowerManagement.

It's hard to imagine what changes you made.

Try booting from the USB with -v -x -f -F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back