Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

The Goal:
Complete the install of Sierra for a fully functional Hackintosh.

My Process:
I own a Mac Book Pro. I have removed the optical drive and replaced it with a second SSD. I booted in Recovery Mode to erase the second SSD and then, while still in Recovery Mode, I "re-installed" OS X Sierra on the same SSD.

My Problem:
I have OSX Sierra successfully installed on the new SSD, but, as you already guessed, it is not bootable once I connect it to the rest of my Hackintosh build.

How I tried to solve it:
I Installed and ran Multibeast 9 Sierra on the fresh SSD (Sierra), which worked only if I installed the Basic configuration (no added drivers or else it failed to install), but the SSD will still not boot/be recognized as bootable once connected to my Hackintosh build. I have also tried just using Clover and forgoing the use of Multibeast before, but that doesn't work either (Clover loads on start up, but doesn't show any Volumes as options to boot from, doesn't show my SSD(sierra) or 4T Storage disk). Also, all of this resulted the same after configuring the recommended BIOS settings, as stated in Tony's Installation Guide.

What I am hoping from the community:
I don't actually care if I have to select which Volume to boot from every time I turn on my Hackintosh, since I won't be turning it off often. The things I need are: My audio driver to work (ALC892), my GPU to work (Gigabyte GTX 1060), and for it to be able to be woken up out of Sleep Mode. So, the big favor I need from you lovely people is to be able to boot from my SSD (sierra) on my Hack' build.

Ancillary Details:
I am using this build mainly for audio production through the use of Logic 9 Pro.
Besides that, I plan to play Rocket League from time to time.

Thank you so very much, folks!

-Shteev Woz

P.S. Here is my build:
-Intel Core i7-4790k 4.0GHz Quad-Core
-Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
-Asus Z97-E Motherboard
-Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
-Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD (bootdrive)
-Western Digital Blue 4TB HD (for storage)
-NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower Case
-EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX power supply

There are no GTX 1060 drivers (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back