Contribute
Register

Alienware m14x mid 2013 model unable to update to 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried booting x64 and it worked. ethernet option is there but cannot connect. can only connect with usb ethernet. I now rememer that I have a killer ethernet card, which is not supported by snow leopard. however I have obtained a mavericks mac app store install.app which i understand is legal to download since I own snow leopard legitimately(I downloaded it before I signed up here, and thus did not know the rules, but I assume this is legal anyway since once again, I already own Snow leopard). The only problem is when I click install it says preparing install, and that it will restart automatically, but then It restarts, and OS X boots normally. nothing happens. if you are allowed to help me, PLEASE DO! :eek: If not, then We will discuss this method no further.

i tried booting x64 and it worked. ethernet option is there but cannot connect.

Sounds as if NullEthernet is working as designed.

... The only problem is when I click install it says preparing install, and that it will restart automatically, but then It restarts, and OS X boots normally. nothing happens. if you are allowed to help me, PLEASE DO! :eek: If not, then We will discuss this method no further.

That is normal. You need to create a USB installer.

I've tried Unibeast or a manual method such as copying basesystem.dmg and packages folder, but then I reboot, select the installer, the apple logo flashes for a split second, and the screen goes black and the system just reboots. why is this happening?

I've tried Unibeast or a manual method such as copying basesystem.dmg and packages folder, but then I reboot, select the installer, the apple logo flashes for a split second, and the screen goes black and the system just reboots. why is this happening?

You should probably read all the sticky threads here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Also...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

THANK YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! I Patched the kernel with the xcpm patch, installed mavericks, patched the HD kernel, IT BOOTS! and the best part is, the App Store works! I am downloading Yosemite as we speak! you have been a great help. I never could have done this If i hadn't posted on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back