Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
o
CPU
o
Graphics
oi
Hi everyone
I have an alienware m14x mid 2013 model running snow leopard retail. I have a working internet connection with a lan adapter that I have that is designed for nintendo wii(thankfully there is a driver that works for os x 10.5-10.10). I currently have 10.6.6 installed, and have successfully installed 10.6.7 before(I have reinstalled many times). I would like to update to 10.6.8, so i can install a newer version of os x, However when I have tried to update to 10.6.8 in the past, I get a kernel panic. I have already tried to use the UpdateHelper provided on this site, and that does not help either. please help.

My Specs
Model Number: ALW14-1250sLV
Processor: 2.4 GHz Core i5-4200M
RAM: 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
Hard Drive:750 GB 7200 RPM
Network: ASIX AX88772 USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter

Hi everyone
I have an alienware m14x mid 2013 model running snow leopard retail. I have a working internet connection with a lan adapter that I have that is designed for nintendo wii(thankfully there is a driver that works for os x 10.5-10.10). I currently have 10.6.6 installed, and have successfully installed 10.6.7 before(I have reinstalled many times). I would like to update to 10.6.8, so i can install a newer version of os x, However when I have tried to update to 10.6.8 in the past, I get a kernel panic. I have already tried to use the UpdateHelper provided on this site, and that does not help either. please help.

My Specs
Model Number: ALW14-1250sLV
Processor: 2.4 GHz Core i5-4200M
RAM: 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
Hard Drive:750 GB 7200 RPM
Network: ASIX AX88772 USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter

Snow Leopard does not support Haswell.

First OS X to support Haswell is Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

ok... is there anywhere I can get mountain lion without a t*****t? My ISP blocks t*****ts.
btw thanks for replying

Last edited by a moderator:
ok... is there anywhere I can get mountain lion without a t*****t? My ISP blocks t*****ts.
btw thanks for replying

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Mountain Lion can be purchased and downloaded from the Mac App Store. There are links to the Apple Store in the Buyer's Guide.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Mountain Lion can be purchased and downloaded from the Mac App Store. There are links to the Apple Store in the Buyer's Guide.

UPDATE: Sorry. No Problem. Found Iboot haswell and am now able to boot into 10.6.8. although, I tried to get Yosemite from the official app store link, but it says; "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." I assume this is because I am using the wrong system definition. I tried to install Macbook pro system definition with multibeast, however the changes did not apply. Also, I have a haswell processor and I have read(on a wiki, don't remember which one), that I should use macbook air mid 2013 definitions. If anyone has an idea of how I should do this, please let me know. Thanks!

UPDATE: Sorry. No Problem. Found Iboot haswell and am now able to boot into 10.6.8. although, I tried to get Yosemite from the official app store link, but it says; "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." I assume this is because I am using the wrong system definition. I tried to install Macbook pro system definition with multibeast, however the changes did not apply. Also, I have a haswell processor and I have read(on a wiki, don't remember which one), that I should use macbook air mid 2013 definitions. If anyone has an idea of how I should do this, please let me know. Thanks!

You need working, built-in Ethernet at 'en0' to access the Mac App Store.

You need working, built-in Ethernet at 'en0' to access the Mac App Store.

Yeah. I should have mentioned that. I am using an en0 USB lan adapter. It is compatible with Nintendo Wii, which is why I originally bought it. However, I discovered it drivers that work for leopard - Yosemite. I have full internet access. The problem is the app store does not detect my computer as a Mac. That is why I need a system definition but the ones in multibeast do not apply. I have looked online and since I have a haswell processor as we have discussed in this post, the definitions that work with has well are macbookair6,1 and 6,2. How can I install one of these? Thanks in advance.

Yeah. I should have mentioned that. I am using an en0 USB lan adapter. It is compatible with Nintendo Wii, which is why I originally bought it. However, I discovered it drivers that work for leopard - Yosemite. I have full internet access. The problem is the app store does not detect my computer as a Mac. That is why I need a system definition but the ones in multibeast do not apply. I have looked online and since I have a haswell processor as we have discussed in this post, the definitions that work with has well are macbookair6,1 and 6,2. How can I install one of these? Thanks in advance.

You need working, built-in Ethernet at 'en0' in order to access the Mac App Store. USB WiFi doesn't cut it.

ok. I DO have an ethernet card... it is an atheros AR8151. t here's one big problem, though. I have searched and found various kext drivers for this particular card. I use kext utility to install the drivers permissions repaired, says successful. but then I reboot, and the Ethernet controller Does not show in network preferences. tried adding a new connection, it was not even on the list. I have no idea what to do. any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

ok. I DO have an ethernet card... it is an atheros AR8151. t here's one big problem, though. I have searched and found various kext drivers for this particular card. I use kext utility to install the drivers permissions repaired, says successful. but then I reboot, and the Ethernet controller Does not show in network preferences. tried adding a new connection, it was not even on the list. I have no idea what to do. any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

If you can't find working drivers, use NullEthernet: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back