Contribute
Register

Alienware m14x mid 2013 model unable to update to 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i checked the website you linked and it looks like it is not compiled. do you have a precompiled kext I can use?

i checked the website you linked and it looks like it is not compiled. do you have a precompiled kext I can use?

Always read the README.

i just downloaded the drivers. same thing happened as with the other drivers. the ethernet did not show up in network preferences.

i just downloaded the drivers. same thing happened as with the other drivers. the ethernet did not show up in network preferences.

Make sure you follow all instructions. It requires DSDT patch, SSDT, or customized injector kext.

I installed the injector kext included in your repository. did not change anything. already patched dsdt with multibeast.

I installed the injector kext included in your repository. did not change anything. already patched dsdt with multibeast.

In order to use the injector, you would need to customize it to match the ids of your Ethernet device. The injector I provide assumes Reaktek GbE (10ec:8168).

All the details for using NullEthernet are provided in the README. You will need to actually read it.

I read the readme, looked at IOACPIMATCH. not sure what to put for its value. I have an atheros(not realtek) ar8151, but the default value for IOACPIMATCH looks nothing like "ar8151", and I am confused what exactly to put there.

I read the readme, looked at IOACPIMATCH. not sure what to put for its value. I have an atheros(not realtek) ar8151, but the default value for IOACPIMATCH looks nothing like "ar8151", and I am confused what exactly to put there.

You need to determine your PCI vendor-id and device-id of your Ethernet card. One way is 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal, but you can also see the values in IORegistryExplorer in OS X.

Or you can use DSDT/SSDT methods.

I tried it, entered in the values, rebooted and nothing in network preferences.

I tried it, entered in the values, rebooted and nothing in network preferences.

Assuming you did it correctly, could be a permissions issue. Kext components require specific permissions settings.

Did you repair permissions & rebuild cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back