Contribute
Register

ALC892 On X79-UP4 Not Working (Please Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get it working?

The only way I got mine to work is.

Install the 892 audio drivers from Multibeast 5.0.2 (without dsdt option). restart and your will see sound card but still no sound.
Then install the interim driver with kext beast, restart and it should work.

Did you get it working?

The only way I got mine to work is.

Install the 892 audio drivers from Multibeast 5.0.2 (without dsdt option). restart and your will see sound card but still no sound.
Then install the interim driver with kext beast, restart and it should work.

Just tried this on my machine and it did not work. It shows nothing is there now after the interim installation.

Mobo: Intel DX79to
CPU: i7 3820

I've got the exact same problem on my GA-X79-UP4 board like yours. I'm running ML.

Installed 892 driver - i can see audio devices, volume up and down works but it can't play any audio file. As you said in your original post is just hangs and never gets past 0.00 on itunes.

Tried the interim, reinstalled countless times and no luck.

I've attached my IOreg too.

Can anyone help us?

Attachments

• David’s Mac Pro.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 91
it happend to me go to system preferences then sound out put and click internal speakers try it it worked for me

i tried but it doesnt help.

It must be a driver issue or something as I can't play anything audio based e.g. if i click an mp3 in itunes it justs hangs on 0.00.

Would a USB audio adapter fix this? They are only a few £.

Apologies...here it is again

Attachments

• Hackintosh02.zip
    768.8 KB · Views: 114
Apologies...here it is again
Rules/Do not double post; other thread deleted.
Problem documented, Note 3 of Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA in Post #1 of this thread.

As I said in post 12 I've tried the interim ivy bridge solution and it just stops the audio volume working at all and still no audio. Just as the OP says above in post 12.

So basically the interim lion solution doesnt work.

Any ideas?

As I said in post 12 I've tried the interim ivy bridge solution and it just stops the audio volume working at all and still no audio. Just as the OP says above in post 12.
Attach an IOReg with the Interim AppleHDA.kext. You did something wrong as did the author of post 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back