PNY GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys :) Hope someone can point me in a direction of some sort.

I have used Multibeast to get my PC up and working and so far everything is perfect, apart from this one issue.

When I choose the Realtek ALC889 Without DSDT option in Multibeast it goes and installs the two kexts (Optimised AppleHDA.Kext and HDAEnabler.Kext) then I reboot......

Issue

The machine boots to the login window but I have no response from my USB keyboard and Mouse (Wireless, Microsoft), it takes between 2 and 3 minutes before the mouse and keyboard will respond. On some occasions it can take well over 10 minutes but this is very rare.

No 2-3 Minutes doesn't seem a lot, but the actual machine boots in about a minute and it's annoying to have to wait another 3 minutes to actually use the thing :(

Why I think this issue is related to the Audio Kexts?

If I remove AppleHDA.Kext from the Extensions folder, the mouse and keyboard respond INSTANTLY upon boot.

What I have tried to resolve this issue?

• The first thing I tried was a fresh install and the issue is apparent as soon as I have finished with multibeast.
  • I have tried installing VoodooHDA 2.7.4, this just caused the machine to KP :(
  • I have tried booting with the USBBusFix flag set - Same issue.
  • I have reset my BIOS/UEFI settings - Nothing.
  • I have tried using the newer version of Multibeast released yesterday - Same thing.
  • I have tried a different USB keyboard and mouse - Same issue.
  • I have tried searching google for hours on end and have come up with nothing.
  • I have tried going back to Windows - This is never going to happen :p

Specs

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68-D2H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500
RAM: 16GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3
GPU: eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 210 512MB

I hate having to post in forums, because I like to get things fixed myself but I have come to an end and I really don't know where to go next.

I have tried reading about patching the AppleHDA.Kext file manually and unfortunately this has gone straight over my head, mainly because I am still fairly new at this :(

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has an answer I would be really happy :D

James

When I choose the Realtek ALC889 Without DSDT option in Multibeast it goes and installs the two kexts (Optimised AppleHDA.Kext and HDAEnabler.Kext) then I reboot......

Issue

The machine boots to the login window but I have no response from my USB keyboard and Mouse (Wireless, Microsoft), it takes between 2 and 3 minutes before the mouse and keyboard will respond. On some occasions it can take well over 10 minutes but this is very rare.

Why I think this issue is related to the Audio Kexts?

If I remove AppleHDA.Kext from the Extensions folder, the mouse and keyboard respond INSTANTLY upon boot.
Your experiment is flawed. You only tested the presence and absence of AppleHDA.kext. The problem is not AppleHDA.kext; the problem is HDAEnabler1.kext. I don't know why the audio enabler interferes with USB on boot.

Solution is dsdt injection which eliminates the need for the enabler. Steps:
1. [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards
2. ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF

More info, Help me decipher -v output. Almost there but slow boot up at 1 point.

Thank you :) I have added sound with DSDT now and the machine boots quick and allows me to use the Mouse and Keyboard instantly :)

Don't wish to push my luck, but I have tried to enable encoded output on the Optical output but it is not working as it did before :(

I have entered these commands into terminal:

Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x89\x08\xec\x10|\x80\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA [/FONT]
But I still don't have encoded output like I used to :(

Using these commands and installing the kext kills audio all together :(

But I still don't have encoded output like I used to :(

Using these commands and installing the kext kills audio all together :(
Did you repair permissions and cache? What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is installed?

Did you repair permissions and cache? What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is installed?

I repaired Permissions and I cleared the cache.

Version of the Kext is 2.3.1

When I reboot, System Information shows the same thing, all the inputs/outputs exactly as they were, but there is no audio.

Audio Preferences show no inputs/outputs.

I ran the commands again and rebooted, this time I have not lost audio but still see no encoded audio options in the MIDI options :(

ioreg file attached
View attachment 40297
IOReg is corrupt. The guide tells you how to created a valid file. Since you have audio back, attach the AppleHDA.kext you patched.

Really sorry....

No matter how many times I rebooted and fixed kexts and stuff nothing worked and I couldn't get the encoded audio working.

I have just had a power cut and the machine powered back on.... guess what now works... :p

I now have encoded audio working :)

Thank you Toleda for taking the time to look at my issue :)

One more thing to get working now is HDMI audio, but I shall try and get this sorted before asking for assistance again.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back