Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext!

Indeed it is a strange time for audio. 10.5.X has almost all options solved but then again, has had 3+ years of community support and development. And in regards to posting one's work in the forums, if there were no people willing to essentially be guinea pigs we'd be nowhere. People just need to know what they are getting into before they try anything. ;)

That said I have what is hopefully 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext for ALC889a audio I need testers for! lol. :cool:

Bansaku said:
Indeed it is a strange time for audio. 10.5.X has almost all options solved but then again, has had 3+ years of community support and development. And in regards to posting one's work in the forums, if there were no people willing to essentially be guinea pigs we'd be nowhere. People just need to know what they are getting into before they try anything. ;)

That said I have what is hopefully 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext for ALC889a audio I need testers for! lol. :cool:

What amazes me is that anyone can actually find the how to's and config files they need. Insanely is a great resource but it's like having a file cabinet stuffed full with no labels.

I'm working on building a community / content mgt system that will hopefully start to fix some of those issues as this community moves forward in the high performance / snow leopard exploration. I just hope people make use of it. . .

I have put getting sound on hold until a solid fix has been worked out, if I need sound I just boot up with iBoot.

Cheers

Thank you Bansaku, your kext works great on my update. :thumbup:

ne0shell said:
What amazes me is that anyone can actually find the how to's and config files they need. Insanely is a great resource but it's like having a file cabinet stuffed full with no labels.

I'm working on building a community / content mgt system that will hopefully start to fix some of those issues as this community moves forward in the high performance / snow leopard exploration. I just hope people make use of it. . .

lol I could not have said it better. Insanelymac is awesome (been a member there for 4+ years) however, it is very disorganized; great references and guides but one really has to dig deep to find them. To be honest, before Christmas is was working on a database with essentially EVERYTHING posted on Insanelymac, Infinitymac, and Hackintosh.org. However, 1.5TB of data was lost to me when one of my drive boards shorted and daisy-chained to my other HDs (WTF!!); All was lost. Seriously a huge blow to me. :thumbdown:

Bansaku,

Got any idea who I get my sound back? I tried your fix, no luck and most other that is floating around, I have to have to use my Windows but at least it got sound.

Cheers

Got it to work :D it was the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext. I had some spotty USB connections and decided to reinstall 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext and behold after reboot I had sound and great USB connections.

Thank you

Cheers

Help!!!!!
OSX 10.6.3 upgrade installation completed.
But NO SOUND.

Retail SL 10.6.2 up to 10.6.3
- Giga P55-UD4 , 2GB ram x 2
- i7-860
- Nvidia GeForce250
- SATA HDD / DVD-RW
- ALC888 (HDEF)

Would you mind to teach me detail.
I need do sound editing. thanks. :oops:

Guys, I reported the earlier problem where my volume control is enabled, I can see all inputs/outputs on preferences but yet no sound!!!

After a lot of trial and error, the kexts here solved my problem -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1277378

I am now on 10.6.3 with Sound & Sleep both enabled... and damn happy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back