Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext!

Installed the kext and removed LegacyHDA, seems to be working, labels are much better and the sound actually improved. My line in from the DVR gained a lot of volume as well.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 3.16.37 AM.JPG
    Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 3.16.37 AM.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 461

Well it did not work for me, I have the worst luck, I can't get anything to work :banghead:

I'm running a foxconn X58 flaming blade mobo with 7.1 channel HDA by Realtek® ALC888. I deleted all old AppleHDA.kext from E/E and System/L/E and also deleted legacy HDA then installed this. I see it in my profiler but not in system preferences. Going to do a repair permissions and reboot but doubt it will fix. Odd thing is, this is an ALC888, at least thats what the manufacturer states. Tony, any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 9.28.29 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 9.28.29 PM.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 447

Well, I have a strange problem - installed the kext exactly as mentioned. And now system profiler shows perfect HDA configuration, sound is enabled in Preferences BUT no actual sound output!!!

Anyone else having this issue?

Great work Tony :)

Any chance you can release a version which does not contain HDAEnabler? I have the config in DSDT so I only need the binary hack for the device id.

Thanks a lot for your great work!

CS

Bansaku said:
Install is easy; remove your old AppleHDA.kext (HDAenebler.kext too if present) and VoodooHDA (if installed) then drag the new AppleHDA.kext onto Kext Utility (or whatever app you use to install kexts), repair permissions and reboot! Enjoy! :thumbup:

Mate got a question.

First of all thanks for the kext and the effort.

According to your directions, the recommended way of doing this is:

1) Open finder and do a search for AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext
2) Delete any/all of the above when found
3) D/L the new AppleHDA.kext
4) Drag it over the Kext Utility icon itself - found in Applications/Utilities
5) Put in your admin pass and let Kext Utility do its thing

Is this correct? I am sorry for asking something obvious but I am trying hard to learn.

Then AFTER kext utility finishes, am I supposed to re-start it and allow it to repair permissions and cache? Or do I reboot straight after the new kext is installed? Do I have to repair cache and permissions? What does repairing kext and permissions actually entail?

Again sorry for all the questions and thank you VERY much in advance for taking your time to help out.

Happy Easter (with sound hopefully)

Costa

EX58-UD3R w/ Realtek ALC888 codec
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...board&ProductID=3103&ProductName=GA-EX58-UD3R

khushiyal said:
Well, I have a strange problem - installed the kext exactly as mentioned. And now system profiler shows perfect HDA configuration, sound is enabled in Preferences BUT no actual sound output!!!

Yep. I have the same problem. System Profiler shows everything, as well as System Preferences, but there is no sound (volume icon is grayed out). For now I went back to VoodooHDA which works well, although does not show correct info in System Profiler ("No Built In Audio").

Yes, i run the test. I love it. It is limited some kext out. but there is funny thing is when i put AppleHDA.kext in the color change to RED... :twisted: Sound, everything works except color change. Do i doing something wrong?. Maybe is warning something. :)

chico_stang said:
khushiyal said:

Yep. I have the same problem. System Profiler shows everything, as well as System Preferences, but there is no sound (volume icon is grayed out). For now I went back to VoodooHDA which works well, although does not show correct info in System Profiler ("No Built In Audio").

@Chico_stang - well, the difference is that my volume icon is enabled!!! And yet no sound... cant be hardware since it works fine under Ubuntu & Win7!

Hi, i have GA-EP31-DS3L with ALC888 but this one is not working for me. I removed LegacyHDA and also put back AZAL part to my DSDT. Installed, but after reboot nothing. Just this in system profiler:
Code:
Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back