Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext!

Hey Bansaku I have the same mobo (and rev) but I am getting a greyed out volume icon and "Intel High Definition Audio" in profiler. Any pointers?

Here's the log:

Code:
HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit

I've tried everything in here, nothing's doing it for me !!! Getting frustrated !! May it be because I have the F8 BIOS version ?? Am I missing something ?? Anybody has the same system who could hep me ?? The Only thing I get is that in the Sys profiler :

Intel High Definition Audio:
Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

No Audio Pref what so ever. Didn't have anything in Sys Profiler before... So I guess that's a start.

He-Yann said:
I've tried everything in here, nothing's doing it for me !!! Getting frustrated !! May it be because I have the F8 BIOS version ?? Am I missing something ?? Anybody has the same system who could hep me ?? The Only thing I get is that in the Sys profiler :

Intel High Definition Audio:
Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

No Audio Pref what so ever. Didn't have anything in Sys Profiler before... So I guess that's a start.
You either need to use a DSDT or install HDAEnabler to go with Legacy888HDA.

NEVERMIND GUYS ! Just got it workin with the solution from khushiyal insanelymac.com !! Not sur if everything is enabled like it should be (dunno about 5.1) but hey sound is coming out of my speakers and my headphones and the quality is more than decent !!

THANKS khushiyal & insanelymac.com

If you wanna give it a try here's the link again:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/in...pid=1277378&mode=threaded&start=#entry1277378

Screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 451

He-Yann said:
NEVERMIND GUYS ! Just got it workin with the solution from khushiyal insanelymac.com !! Not sur if everything is enabled like it should be (dunno about 5.1) but hey sound is coming out of my speakers and my headphones and the quality is more than decent !!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/in...pid=1277378&mode=threaded&start=#entry1277378

Screenshot.jpg

Actually, that thread was in response to my earlier work. I am the unknown source! Serious! It even has my ugly green Label. And I give full credit to Kabyl and Taruga, for they are the ones who are responsible for HDAEnabler, I just patched the AppleHDA for ALC888 and added new plists for 2 of the plug-ins.

Bansaku said:
He-Yann said:

Screenshot.jpg

Actually, that thread was in response to my earlier work. I am the unknown source! Serious! It even has my ugly green Label. And I give full credit to Kabyl and Taruga, for they are the ones who are responsible for HDAEnabler, I just patched the AppleHDA for ALC888 and added new plists for 2 of the plug-ins.

Thanks Bansaku - and all other guys... who have worked hard to help rest of us...

YES!!!

It has been the 10,000nd AppleHDA.kext and now it works even without restart!

I'm on a Foxconn Flaming Blade GTI (we're very rare here), 64-Bit and it just WORKS

DING DING DING

Big Thanks to the producer of this kext

Edit: only 50% works for me, and there's another issiue

i have no device id!

Attachments

• NoDeviceId.png
    NoDeviceId.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 370
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back