i5-4590
Graphics
RX-580 4GB (Sapphire)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I installed OSX Yosemite yesterday, and everything works excepting the audio. I have a Gigabyte GA H87M HD3. I selected the ALC887/8b option in Multibeast 7.0, but audio is still not working.
Is there some other option I need to use?

Thank you very much.

i have Z77-DS3H that also uses ALC887 i had no problems with it make sure you have kext-dev-mode=1 in your boot.plist also make sure your using Multibeast for Yosemite

Hello,
I installed OSX Yosemite yesterday, and everything works excepting the audio. I have a Gigabyte GA H87M HD3. I selected the ALC887/8b option in Multibeast 7.0, but audio is still not working.
Is there some other option I need to use?

Thank you very much.

I had the same issue. Do you use a dsdt? If the answer is no, just launch multibeast again and choose quick start. Then dsdt free on the left panel. After that you will see a list of things it will install on the right panel. Just untick whatever you don't need and whatever you can't untick, as it's greyed out, just install over the top like fakesmc. Then all you do is repair permissions once it finishes installing and reboot. bingo, audio is on

Hello, i got same problem. I have asus p8h61-m. In Mavericks 10.9 alc887/888b works fine for me. In this time they crash!!!. i got selected kext-dev =1 on boot options. Still don't work.

Hello, I actually managed to find out what I was doing wrong. The sound in system preferences was set to the wrong output :p, now everything works when I changed it from digital out. I recommend that others with this problem check this first, because the system did not automatically switch to the correct audio device at first.

Thanks for everyone's replies and help!

Hello, i got same problem with no sound on motherboard Z77-DS3H. :banghead:

I make clean install several time, i tried several configuration, several AppleHDA.kex... everything is working fine except SOUND.

In system information>details>audio is Intel Hight Definition Audio > Audio ID=2

My specs is i5 3550p, Leadtek 650GT, 8 Gb ram...

Please someone help me.

same problems here, sounds and iMessage didn't work. Tried quite a few strategies, none of them worked so far

Finally i got a solution to enable sound with these 2 files View attachment ALC887:888b.zip

Working well, but when a sound starts make a boom sound in speakers 5.1 :cry:

I think those 2 files must be improvement.

Something happens with ALC887.

I did update the iTunes to the latest version(12.0.1) and after than no sound.

Any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back