Core i7-6700
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX5500XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,
i've compiled a kext repurposing the line-in(Blue port) on the back to be a Line-out which can then be used to make an Aggregate Device with 7.1 channel or 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos. check it out.
Tested on Gigabyte H170 gaming 3 motherboard with Opencore 0.8.9

*Note - use layout-id as 13
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 11.54.26.png

Enjoy!

Attachments

• AppleALC 7.1 : 5.2.1 channel - repurposed.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
Did you made any test with the 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos profile?
I tried on my system where I have working 7.1 sound, but no luck with 5.1.2, it put all the sound on the front speakers. Left, Center and Right.

May I ask how to apply this 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos profile ?

May I ask how to apply this 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos profile ?
Did you made any test with the 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos profile?
I tried on my system where I have working 7.1 sound, but no luck with 5.1.2, it put all the sound on the front speakers. Left, Center and Right.
@SadNipple @guillelopez - sorry for the delayed reply. You'll need to first configure all the line outputs seperatly from the Audio MIDI. also you need to play an atmos track to have all the speakers working correctly. hope this helps.

Hi @sethside,

I found that your work was based on AppleALC 1.8.1, it works perfectly in BigSur but seems 1.8.1 is not compatible with Sonoma, would you mind sharing a new patch based on latest AppleALC or the changes you made in 1.8.1 for me to check out?

Thanks!

A quick update, I can still make it work by Lilu parameter in Sonoma but it will be great to know how to create a version or just contribute to ApppleALC as this is the only native AppleALC for my motherboard.

Last edited:
Back