i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
fellow hackintoshers,

since this is my first post I would like to thank you for this wonderful forum full of great information. Such a valuable source! :idea:

Now, I managed to get my machine up and running (thanks again to this forum!). After having Sierra (12.12) installed (just some minor issues to resolve, such as sound), I installed Windows 10 on a 2nd SSD following this guide. At first it worked like a charm – could boot to Clover and select which system/partition to boot from. Both Windows and macOS ran perfectly.

:beachball: Now where I got stuck:
I tried to change theme in Clover Theme Manager and couldn't do that because of NVRAM-issues. So I cleared the NVRAM in macOS-terminal (sudo nvram -c). When I boot up now I still get into Clover (also the theme I wanted) with als the partitions listed, can boot Sierra, but Windows won't do it anymore. Here I get a black screen with a white blinking cursor on the upper left.

Any hints what the reason might be? The partitions (also the EFIs) look the same as before. Also Windows is bootable through the BIOS menu.

Thanks in advance!

Your Windows 10 product key is stored in the UEFI NVRAM. You just erased it. Go into the Win10 management and re-enter the license key.

An easier way to change the Clover theme is with Clover Configurator.

Thank you Going Bald!

Turned out the problem wasn't the machine but the guy sitting in front of it. I somehow selected the wrong entry in Clover boot manager. When I pick the Windows EFI partition it works. Sorry to bother ...
Will try to hide the other partition in Clover so I cannot pick the wrong one :)

Thank you Going Bald!

Turned out the problem wasn't the machine but the guy sitting in front of it. I somehow selected the wrong entry in Clover boot manager. When I pick the Windows EFI partition it works. Sorry to bother ...
Will try to hide the other partition in Clover so I cannot pick the wrong one :)
Was that a PEBCAC or a PICNIC? :mrgreen::lol:

both implies that I was being silly. Yes, indeed ... one of these moments where you stare at the monitor and can't see the very obvious :crazy:

Your Windows 10 product key is stored in the UEFI NVRAM. You just erased it. Go into the Win10 management and re-enter the license key.

An easier way to change the Clover theme is with Clover Configurator.

I have a related question Going Bald. I recently installed Sierra on an SSD and I already had Windows 10 on a separate SSD (I made the update from El Capitan to Sierra - but used an entirely new drive for Sierra so the El Cap drive is no longer in the computer). When I was booting via clover with El Capitan I could boot both Windows and El Cap from the clover boot screen. When installing Sierra I had to erase NVRAM because of a mistake I made when troubleshooting iMessage.

Since that time I am unable to boot windows at all, both from clover or from F12, or even when disconnecting all other drives. I get an auto recovery mode, and maybe then a boot loop (if using clover) or just a 'failed to repair system' from the windows boot manager.

Even more curious... I went into command prompt in windows trouble-shooter and ran the command bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and it tells me "Successfully Scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows Installations: 0." Furthermore, the only option for windows in my bios is this "Windows Boot Manager" and not just windows.

Will re-entering my product key help? I honestly haven't even found a place to do that yet. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!

Can you boot Windows if it is the only drive in the system? Can the repair app on the Win10 install USB even see the installation? If not, re-install Win10 or repair by restoring a disk image if you made one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back