Contribute
Register

Advice direct update from Sierra(10.12.6) to Big Sur/Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just that 3 aforementioned BIOS changes and adjusting config as mentioned remove Graphics framebuffer and putting Lilu as first dict entry(mentioned any where in documentation or why?) did the Job to start installation as expected!! I wonder if this would have also worked without erasing the disk. Sigh!! (Atleast time machine is there)

This time when during installation after first reboot , I was greeted with two options "Install OS Catalina" & "Install Mac OS". Choosing

not sure why you have a clover menu when you should be booting from your opencore usb installer

no, you should be selecting Install OS catalina
Choosing "Install Mac OS " was the right one. The other one just starts the process all over again. Which I was doing previously every time. Unfortunately that wanted second option never popped up for whatever reason.
don't forget to reset nvram when you make any bios or efi changes

In clover I could use F3. How do I do that at OC boot picker? Thanks.

Do I need now to copy my OC USB EFI over to SSD EFI? unfortunately the using the disktutil command to mount is not working. Its says "Perhaps the operation is not appropriate (KDAReturnNotPermitted)"

Which post-install should I follow? https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/ ?
Can I already connect to Internet ?

Thanks a lot for the continous support.

In clover I could use F3. How do I do that at OC boot picker? Thanks.
you can choose to reset nvram at the opencore picker

also you can use efi mounter software or hackintool to mount your hard drive

Thanks a lot @Feartech. I am still to test all facets but so far things are look good with Catalina. Since I am not fully in apple Ecosystem I haven't dwelled into iMessage, facetime & iCloud . But atleast AppStore seems to be working which is REALLY good.

The audio over HDMI (surprisigly Soundflower stuff still works for Catalina)was working great right after install, but my current setup requires that hackintosh runs with DisplayPort and audio overdisplay DP (it worked for Sierra) as other two HDMI ports on my monitor are already occupied. Is this possible with OC ? any guides you remember? I will definitely being searching in the forums.

Thanks a lot @Feartech. I am still to test all facets but so far things are look good with Catalina. Since I am not fully in apple Ecosystem I haven't dwelled into iMessage, facetime & iCloud . But atleast AppStore seems to be working which is REALLY good.

The audio over HDMI (surprisigly Soundflower stuff still works for Catalina)was working great right after install, but my current setup requires that hackintosh runs with DisplayPort and audio overdisplay DP (it worked for Sierra) as other two HDMI ports on my monitor are already occupied. Is this possible with OC ? any guides you remember? I will definitely being searching in the forums.
maybe this:

and also follow this for irq conflicts and hpet setup which can hep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back