Graphics
GTX680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, first time Hackintosh here. It took me a few days but I finally managed to get my Hackintosh up and running but I have one niggly issue, getting Mavericks to boot from the Windows bootloader

System...
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
2 x SSD Intel BIOS RAID 0 (Windows)
1 x SSD Marvell Controller (Mac OS X Mavericks)

Currently, to my delight and surprise, everything works perfectly. I can boot to either Windows or Mavericks from the BIOS and neither have any issues. However I cannot boot to Mavericks from the Windows Bootloader even thought Windows can see the drive http://i.imgur.com/QBHFQiZ.png I tried using EasyBCD but that did not work. I think I need to add an entry to point to the Mac OS X EFI boot partition shown in the pic but I'm not sure how to do it.

Any ideas?

This is my windows boot settings at the moment...

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume3
path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default {8a730c98-222d-11e2-8048-c1b630ac209d}
resumeobject {8a730c97-222d-11e2-8048-c1b630ac209d}
displayorder {8a730c98-222d-11e2-8048-c1b630ac209d}
toolsdisplayorder {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout 30
displaybootmenu Yes

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {8a730c98-222d-11e2-8048-c1b630ac209d}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.efi
description Windows 7
locale en-US
inherit {6efb52bf-1766-41db-a6b3-0ee5eff72bd7}
recoverysequence {8a730c99-222d-11e2-8048-c1b630ac209d}
recoveryenabled Yes
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {8a730c97-222d-11e2-8048-c1b630ac209d}
nx OptIn

I suppose I can just use the

Is Clover EFI Bootloader a possibility here?

Is Clover EFI Bootloader a possibility here?
You need to install chimera as your boot loader and set the timeout to instant menu so you can pick which OS to boot into rerun multibeast from your Mac install and install you chimera boot loader chimera will basically allow and infinite amount of OS

Thanks for the response. I have Chimera installed and when I set the Mac OS drive as the first boot device it boots to Chimera. If I press a key it shows the default Mac OS option which works and also shows two NTFS options. Neither of these work. BootMGR not found is the error. I'm not familiar with Mac, is there a file somewhere I can edit to add/remove entries for Chimera?

Thanks for the response. I have Chimera installed and when I set the Mac OS drive as the first boot device it boots to Chimera. If I press a key it shows the default Mac OS option which works and also shows two NTFS options. Neither of these work. BootMGR not found is the error. I'm not familiar with Mac, is there a file somewhere I can edit to add/remove entries for Chimera?
You need to do a search on here for going bald's guide on dual booting

Chimera doesn't work if you have Win8 installed UEFI. You would have to install Clover if you wanted to dual boot with OS X. I haven't tried it with OS X, but you can add another OS to the Win8 boot loader by editing the boot sector with bcdedit. You say you can see the OS X partition in Windows explorer - did Win8 assign a drive letter to your OS X? How is it shown in explorer?

Im using Windows 7 but I assume its more or less the same. No drive letter was assigned because Windows 7 does not recognise the Apple file system Im guessing. I installed Clover but just got the Boot1 or boot 0 errors after a reboot and had to reinstall Chimera to get it to boot again.

I will try to look at Going Balds guide or just leave it be. Thanks for the suggestions

Im using Windows 7 but I assume its more or less the same. No drive letter was assigned because Windows 7 does not recognise the Apple file system Im guessing. I installed Clover but just got the Boot1 or boot 0 errors after a reboot and had to reinstall Chimera to get it to boot again.

I will try to look at Going Balds guide or just leave it be. Thanks for the suggestions

If Windows 7 is installed UEFI then the guide won't help - it uses Chimera to boot both and Win7 is installed Legacy mode. To add OS X to the Windows boot menu see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...g_a_new_boot_entry_in_windows_vista_and_later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back