GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning everyone!

I successfully followed this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html

and upgraded my working desktop from Yosemite to El Cap without much trouble at all. I got all the way to step 8 where I should be just booting to the drive where El Cap was just installed too but no matter what I try I get a kernel panic "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665"

A quick google search shows that this is not an uncommon KP, but the most common causes are a bad DSDT file which I'm not using at all, and to uncheck one of the fixes in the config.plist file for clover. I've tried both the config.plist I was using on Yosemite which did have a few fixes selected, as well as a new config.plist I used when booting to the El Cap installer which removed all of them. I did look in S/L/E and I do not have a kext for "IOPlatformExpert" so I'm not sure if maybe that's all I'm missing or not..

Running a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with most recent UEFI bios (clover was installed UEFI) along with a PNY NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1 GB video card.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Attachments

• IMG_20151002_084442_387.jpg
    IMG_20151002_084442_387.jpg
    952.9 KB · Views: 646
Did you guys solve this problem? if so How?

I'm having the exact same problem and my -v screen reads exactly like Op's

I tried adding boot flag cpus=1 as suggested but get same KP.

tks!!

Have you checked that your config.plist is the same as before after updating Clover?

wow...that was a quick reply! ... tks!!

At the moment trying to find the right boot args to get access to the config.plist on my efi partition.

System was working fine until I used clover configurator and obviously set something wrong.

Try booting with -x if you still can't boot then use your Clover Boot stick. Attach EFI below put in a ZIP (Remove theme folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back