Contribute
Register

ACPI help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it. Made my F8 button switch between the 3 keyboard backlight modes thanks to your incredibly flexible driver.

Still can't find the source of the startup after shutdown problem. I'm fairly certain its an ACPI issue. Not happening with Windows/Linux.

Still can't find the source of the startup after shutdown problem. I'm fairly certain its an ACPI issue. Not happening with Windows/Linux.

Details on "startup after shutdown problem"??

As I said before: boot macOS, shut down macOS:
press power button once -> power led blinks once and system doesn't start
press power button again -> system starts normally

While experimenting with Codec Commander, the issue seemed to be intermittently fixed.

With Codec Commander:
If I boot, sleep, wake, shutdown, power on again -> system starts from first attempt.
Without sleep, startup issue persists. So I guess codec commander does something after sleep that somehow fixes boot.

So, I think its an EAPD related issue. Not ACPI as I thought. I'll do more experimenting later on.

As I said before: boot macOS, shut down macOS:
press power button once -> power led blinks once and system doesn't start
press power button again -> system starts normally

While experimenting with Codec Commander, the issue seemed to be intermittently fixed.

With Codec Commander:
If I boot, sleep, wake, shutdown, power on again -> system starts from first attempt.
Without sleep, startup issue persists. So I guess codec commander does something after sleep that somehow fixes boot.

So, I think its an EAPD related issue. Not ACPI as I thought. I'll do more experimenting later on.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

CodecCommander not likely related (it is for audio).

3- After macOS shutdown, I have to press power button twice to start. Power LED flashes once on first press, system starts normally on second.
looks like I'm not alone with this issue
I also need to press power button twice to turn-on my laptop after shutting down macOS
but never had to press power button twice after shutting down Windows

Attachments

• debug_15282.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
looks like I'm not alone with this issue
I also need to press power button twice to turn-on my laptop after shutting down macOS
but never had to press power button twice after shutting down Windows

SMBUS patch not likely needed for your hardware (try without).
Test also without AMD disable code/patch.
Also, install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

But it probably means the system is not shutting down completely.

SMBUS patch not likely needed for your hardware (try without).
Test also without AMD disable code/patch.
done but still have the issue
Also, install on HFS+J instead of APFS.
I'm sure there is nothing to do with APFS or HFS+J.
because I'm having this issue since I'm hackintoshing this laptop (installed El Capitan, Sierra and now High Sierra) but couldn't fix this issue.
I've already created a thread in Sierra Laptop Support
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ive-two-strange-issues.230432/

should I try to install macOS in MBR which I've never tried?

Attachments

• debug_20456.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
No PR files attached.

Maybe, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try HFS+J instead.

MBR not supported by the macOS installer.
attached in post #17

I've observed one thing that even when I shutdown from macOS USB installer in that case also I need to press power button twice to turn-on my laptop when no OS was installed in my laptop.

@Chocoholic please check and confirm whether this happen with you or not.

even @fivos1996 also has this pressing power button twice issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back