Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S7-392 "Missing bluetooth controller transport"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have some sort of USB problem. Try different USB sticks, different USB ports, with a powered USB hub, check USB related settings in BIOS, with/without GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

It is preferable to use simple USB2 sticks (8GB) and USB2 ports.

Also double check that /Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

Also, since you managed to choose the wrong version of FakeSMC.kext, you should check that you picked the right version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext...

Used to have MBR but now I partitioned it as GPT, hope this fixes it. I'm using 8GB USB2 stick, which I use for Windows. Sadly, my laptop only has USB3 ports.

Used to have MBR but now I partitioned it as GPT, hope this fixes it.

Unlikely. Try the other things I mentioned.

Unlikely. Try the other things I mentioned.

Tried two different USBs, USB hub, different ports, with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext, still getting the same log.

Tried two different USBs, USB hub, different ports, with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext, still getting the same log.

Are you certain you're booting UEFI. From where did you download Yosemite? What hardware are you using to create your USB?

Are you certain you're booting UEFI. From where did you download Yosemite? What hardware are you using to create your USB?

Yes, I am. I'm using VMWare virtual machine, I don't have Apple device. I've downloaded Yosemite from Apple App Store.

Yes, I am. I'm using VMWare virtual machine, I don't have Apple device. I've downloaded Yosemite from Apple App Store.

Try creating the USB on real hardware.

Does that change anything? I'll borrow one if that's absolutely necessary.

Possibly. I've seen it quite a few times. USB installers created with a VM often cause problems. It seems a VM implementation of USB is less than stellar.

Possibly. I've seen it quite a few times. USB installers created with a VM often cause problems. It seems a VM implementation of USB is less than stellar.

Still getting the same thing :confused:

Still getting the same thing :confused:

Did you check your USB settings in BIOS? Did you try different USB sticks? Different USB ports? Try a powered USB hub?

Just guessing as I'm not sitting behind you watching everything you do...

I think you need to be left to your own creativity for a while. Given the information I have, out of ideas here...

Also, be careful with "same thing"... subtle differences in the verbose output can mean very different things. Unless you're comparing one photo to another, it can be difficult to discern whether a result one day is the same as the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back