Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
khulit said:
tonystuck said:
I have used the sleepenabler found on http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enab ... loads/list. Now my sleep function is working great.

mine still doesn't work... tried this kext and when I select sleep from the apple menu, it seems to sleep, but automatically restarts and complains that image is not correct... and boots up... although in this case it doesn't hangup anymore like before and I don't have to reset the image as it seems to clear it after...

@ Khulit: did you already found the solution for Facetime/Icloud etc? How to connect with Apple Id? Mine is still not working...

jeff7612 said:
khulit said:
tonystuck said:
I have used the sleepenabler found on http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enab ... loads/list. Now my sleep function is working great.

mine still doesn't work... tried this kext and when I select sleep from the apple menu, it seems to sleep, but automatically restarts and complains that image is not correct... and boots up... although in this case it doesn't hangup anymore like before and I don't have to reset the image as it seems to clear it after...

@ Khulit: did you already found the solution for Facetime/Icloud etc? How to connect with Apple Id? Mine is still not working...

My facetime works... was able to chat with my kid from a free wifi off a Toyota Dealer and straight home so I know it works outside my LAN.. I'm not using any special boot like the it168 or anything... although my new Atheros WIFI mini pci adapter has problems with Wireless N from a slave router (secondary router bridge off a main router)

****, my system is not working anymore after the 10.7.4 update...anyone else same problems? BTW I was using the ISO168.COM bootloader, wondering how other S3 Ultrabooks are doing after the update....

jeff7612 said:
****, my system is not working anymore after the 10.7.4 update...anyone else same problems? BTW I was using the ISO168.COM bootloader, wondering how other S3 Ultrabooks are doing after the update....

no problem at all for me after the update.
I use chameleon bootloader. System works perfectly, faster and smoother than before.
To do the upgrade I ve removed the sleepenabler kext, then after the upgrd I installed again it and video and audio kext.

Now my only problem is the multitouch touchpad...
sd card not tested...

Hi guys,

Got my aspire s3 i7 about two days ago. Ive tried osx86 since the days of 10.4.x
Never had hardware that would flawlessly work, Had a macbook pro few years back but sold it. Now i need a machine for training purposes for my team, so i got the aspire.

After over 30 hours of yelling and screaming i finally got a perfect dual boot setup with all hardware working. Note: I changed the wifi card with one from a Dell XPS which is a broadloom unit.

Another major point...Unibeast worked after i got my hands on a real mac and downloaded Lion from the store. I think maybe if you can get a 10.6.6+ install working with the app store that it may also work.

So to get 10.7.4 working i did the following.

1. Swapped wifi module with something else more compatible.
2. Purchased Lion from app store on a real mac
3. Repartitioned a usb key 8gig with 1 mac partition - mbr boot option
4. Used unibeast with the store option and laptop option
5. booted the s3 with the usb key - fired up the installer.
6. repartitioned from the mac os installer the disk into two partitions. First One Mac - journaled and second one Fat32
7. Saved changes, rebooted S3. Inserted win 7 dvd
8. Boot win 7 cd, format fat32 partition to ntfs and install windows.
9. Once windows installed, insert usb key and install OSX on the Mac partition
10. Once osx installed, reboot and then let windows start normally.
11. Download the 5 files from the chinese site here, Extract the two zips that are not drivers but the i862 ones or what ever they're called.
12. Grab the .iso from the second zip and move it into the first zips folder that you extracted, override the file.
13. run the installer.bat as administrators
14. reboot, you should now have a dual boot loader, that loads two boot loaders...its wierd but it works. boot into osx. You might need a usb keyboard to finish the install..i don't know why. Both touchpad and kb work fine
15. Install the remaining 3 files that you downloaded....
16. reboot
17.. Thats it.

working
Wifi
Full 3d video what ever you call it
Audio - not overly loud but it works - clear also
keyboard
mouse - as mouse - gestures not working
Sleep - works perfect as far as i can tell

Enjoy!

@ ausfester: is your sd card reader also working?

On the it168 site (the chinese one) you can download a new update file for the 10.7.4
This post edit 2012-5-11 18:50 by Jopark_Tsai

10.7.4 Power Management to crack the installation package: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.zip

Good luck!

I installed directly to 10.7.4 no problems detected.
Na the SD Card don't work not a big concern for me tho

All the steps are already mentioned here in this thread... and all you need are the 4 driver files ( 3 of them already posted here, and the last one you find in one of my comments) and the 2 zipped bootfiles.. Good luck

its strange it uses windows bootloader then chameleon's bootloader. Plus chameleon doesn't load windows 7 OS partition - I get BOOTMGR is missing. Does anyone know the cause of this. If chameleon could load windows I could just set the timer to the windows bootloader to 0. any thoughts?

@ earl00: Easy BCD already tried?
Other thing to check: you should mark the Win 7 partition as "active" you can do this with:

start-control panel-administrative tools-computer management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back