Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denio24 said:
Yes I am aware I read the logs, but didn't have a chance to test them out myself since I didn't have OS X at the time. Anyhow, here are the device id's for the touchpad:

Code:
				<string>PNP0F0B</string>
				<string>PNP0F12</string>
				<string>PNP0F03</string>
				<string>PNP0F0E</string>
				<string>PNP0F13</string>
nope... multitouch still not working...

Still having the same problem, the laptop can not wake after sleep mode... who can help?

I used the dsdt from the newest multibeast 10.7.4, everything is working except the wake up after sleep..

i have update from 10.7.3 using theMac OS X 10.7.4 Combo Update, but unistalling before the sleepenabler kext.
after the instal completed i flashed again the sleepenabler kext. all its working great for me (except multitouch :banghead: and sd card reader :banghead: )

Hi all,

Something weird has happened to my system.

Everything was working perfectly (Chinese method), and suddenly I don't have QE/CI anymore.

Do you have any idea of what is causing this?
Did anyone had the same issue?

Thanks

Well, I used the chinese method it168 with their 3 kexts, everything was working and then one day I didn't have graphic acceleration anymore :(
I've tried updating to 10.7.4, and I still have the same issue.

any ideas? Should I reinstall everything???

Hi.
I have an Acer s3 i5, and I'd like to put a hackintosh, but I've not experienced with it. You can ask you to make a statement (where to get a working image, drivers, etc. and how it is set). I would be very grateful.
I apologize for the Google translator;)

Hello everyone.
This is a great topic and I have managed to install dual boot to s3 thanks to you all.

I have found two minor problems I would like to share with everyone.
When you install as administrator from it168.iso wait till you see install confirmation.
I was dumb enough to close command prompt after first message.

Second. I had to boot in os with rd=disk0s1.
You just need to highlight osx partition and type that command. Later i inserted that in com.apple.boot.plist.
Not sure why I had to do it but that is the only way it worked.

dborg said:
Hi Mister97,
I followed Ausfester's guide (not to a T, but close enough).
Please also note I would strongly suggest against touching your SSD drive should you wish to have windows and the iRST working.
I would also update the bios before going on with the install.

Actualy you can reformat the whole drive.
Here is how I did it. I have used acer backup utility to create backup of recory partition on my external hard drive. Now I can use recovery console to return my s3 to factory condition if I want to.
Then I have deleted all partitions including hibernate and recovery partition. Then I have reformated the drive using two partitions as in guide.
I have enabled deep sleep using this guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e8gV9o8F4uM

Now I have working backup of my backup partition, working lion, and 100% working windows 7.

I also updated my bios prior to installing Lion.
I have to mention that I have 256 gb ssd but I belive that all of this applies even with standard hdd.

I have a 256SSD machine, currently having dual boot win 7 and lion 10.7.3 installed

Change wifi card to atheron 9280, work out of the box for both os.

Thanks to the chinese method ,everything runs smoothly like a fluid.

Only touchpad without gasture is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back