Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a kernal panic with the new power pkg. have to use the original - i'm on 10.7.4 with the original power pkg - seems to work fine.

about the easybcd - it wont work. I've got the chameleon loader to load the windows partition but it just takes me back to the windows bootloader. Its ok this way I guess.

How do I add kexts? found this for sdcard. Managed to edit the id of the hardware in the info.plist however how do I install the kext to try it. Kext wizard did not work.

http://www.osx86.net/view/2553-realtek_ ... _lion.html

no luck yet with sd card. manage to use the extra folder in it...iso file to install my own chameleon bootloader. got rid of that crazy way of booting the system with 2 bootlaoders - now just using 1 chameleon loader and windows booting fine from chameleon loader. just use chameleon wizard - so much better then all that windows installer.bat script stuff causing multiple bootloaders.

Just dl, the chameleon bootloader, opened the it168.iso, copied all the files to extra and now just working fine, 1 bootloader 2 different Os, and I just can use Chameleon wizard to tweak or change themes etc..

yeah. the only problem with my install now is;

sdcard kext should work but not at the moment. Has anyone tried the link I posted...?
bluetooth, need to check broadcom chipset and attempt a kext
chameleon bootloader cannot see my linux ubuntu installation partition. URGH!! UPDATE: Tripple boot working now with chameleon.
and cannot find a kext for Elantech touchpad for multitouch.

found this thread trying to get Elantech touchpad working correctly:
viewtopic.php?f=170&t=51866

by the way I'm using the extra folder from second iso. I'm getting at random some graphics issues. not all the time but now and then only when booting into osx finder.

sorry...not understanding...these kxts are ready to use? or we have to work on?

EDIT: reading your post on elantech thread I understand...
I will try today to add the elantech id and after I let you know...

EDIT 2: :eek: :eek: Ive no trackpad/mouse in system profiler where can i find id?

Hi Denio, I can't...I have not dual boot. I use my s3 only with osx...

Just a quick one to say I purchased an Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 802.11B/G/N Half Mini PCI-E WLAN card for my S3, and it works out of the box on both Lion and Windows 7.

Denio24 said:
Hi can someone guide me to what to do next?

I've installed 10.7.4 via Unibeast and the mac app store option on the 20GB ssd.
Being a complete newb to this whole OS X project, I need help getting past post installation.

The keyboard setup in post-installation does not detect my keyboard on the acer s3; I've seen the threads before, but I just cant figure out what to do. Do you edit the files in the unibeast usb installer? Or do you copy files with the install setup terminal from the usb to the hdd?

As I don't have a usb keyboard, further clarification would be great! Thanks!

Try this

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=26212

not working... :(
could you tell me the touchpad device Id cause, as I wrote, Icant see it in system profile and I havnt windows on my s3, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back