Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lost sleep after updating to 10.8.2? It's weird if you're using modded BIOS, but if you're not, probably the patched AppleRTC.kext got overwritten by the update and the issue will be fixed if you reinstall the patched one; Same thing about the trackpad, just reinstall the kexts.

And about the battery, 10.8.2 is actually supposed to improve the battery life, and for me it does; I get over 3 hours for normal use (still not even close to those sweet 5 hours which Windows gives me)

I am using the modded bios :s

And as for the touch pad, its an Elan Touchpad, don't think it'll work, although when i do put two fingers on the touchpad, the mouse doesn't move, which clearly states that Osx can see it! but there isn't any control over it....

As for the 610M, i just got a screen shot from safe mode with a few options enabled, and it does see my GPU as an Nvidia Chipset, will post the pic as soon as i get it to boot again :s

Hi,
I am using the modded bios too with 10.8.2, but my battery life is over 3 hours.
I have Elan touchpad with no gestures (simple one finger): I re-apply the kexts after install 10.8.2 :)

Now the question of today :problem: :
when I boot with verbose flag, all is ok, but when I boot normally with apple logo,
after 10 seconds the logo error appears :

LogoError.png
:think:

Hi i'm new bee , i am working with this in a ML 10.8.2

Works for me:

Video: HD3000 VGA Yes
Sound: ALC269 Yes
Keyboard: Yes
Ethernet: Bcm57785 Yes
Wifi: Working Native (Airdrop works and Airplay fully working)
Battery: Yes Working

HDMI: Yes!! Working
Trackpad: Working

Working to get HDMI audio working
Deactivate from dsdt the Nvidia 610M ( i don't how to do that )

Problem: When the screensaver is active for long time , when i come back to put the password to use again the laptop it turns slow for a while.

I guess the only way to get trackpad to work, is by coming up with either a modified DSDT for it, or an EFI string!
I do agree with Chebychev, we will never get VGA support..... BUT btw, if you plug in your VGA and then power up the system, it will work as a mirror, but the screen is not stable and its distorted.

Any idea about the 610M safe mode boot i was talking about earlier?? did anyone try it out?? what about sleep problems with a modded bios?

Sorry, my thread got deleted! I think it was because of the discussion of cl0v3r.

"Any idea about the 610M safe mode boot i was talking about earlier?? did anyone try it out?? what about sleep problems with a modded bios?"

I get the same thing as you SLimNasr when I try to boot my GT540M I can boot it in safe mode but not in normally. However I haven't yet tried it with the new 10.8.2 update and the new nVidia drivers. Maybe this card is just not bootable? :(

Sorry, my thread got deleted! I think it was because of the discussion of cl0v3r.

"Any idea about the 610M safe mode boot i was talking about earlier?? did anyone try it out?? what about sleep problems with a modded bios?"

I get the same thing as you SLimNasr when I try to boot my GT540M I can boot it in safe mode but not in normally. However I haven't yet tried it with the new 10.8.2 update and the new nVidia drivers. Maybe this card is just not bootable? :(

Was it working before? or did it previously work on lion??

I updated to 10.8.2, nothing changed.... although something weird happened on both hacks, the usb installer doesn't work any more! no clue why! and when i insert it on a working system, it says you don't have permission to view this device!! :s

And about cl0v3r.... i think we can use that perfectly on our system as we do have support for UEFI and EFI! i just can't find any clear instructions for it! although i read the post that's on insnalym@c well enough!

Was it working before? or did it previously work on lion??

I updated to 10.8.2, nothing changed.... although something weird happened on both hacks, the usb installer doesn't work any more! no clue why! and when i insert it on a working system, it says you don't have permission to view this device!! :s

And about cl0v3r.... i think we can use that perfectly on our system as we do have support for UEFI and EFI! i just can't find any clear instructions for it! although i read the post that's on insnalym@c well enough!

No never had it actually working, in Lion you can boot with it enabled in the BIOS but still cannot manage to get it to work, mind you haven't tried it recently.
I'm not sure about your USB maybe you should try recreating it, then it should work.

Finally lets refer to Cl0v3r as "C-Loader". In the last thread we had some instructions from Akbar on installing it, which we're relating to our system.
It is defiantly possible to use it but it doesn't give you any advantages over Chimera/Chameleon. I was thinking about installing it to try and get the nVidia card recognized/working, but I'm pretty sure csodawowos reported that it did not get recognized ,which is why I stopped trying to install it.
I have found a user with a thread under the name of cavendishqi which has an ASUS laptop with the GT540M, however his system does not have the Integrated graphics. He has managed to get the card working fully with OpenGL, OpenCL, and CUDA so this still gives me hope! Although his card was recognized upon first installation. Here is the thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-a43sv-mountain-lion-working-help-needed.html

Regards.

Guys, even if we ever get the discrete GPU recognized by the OS, we will probably never be able to use it, because Mac does not use Optimus technology for switching between GPUs. Our best hope could be that someday a real genius makes a program like Bumblebee for Mac which is highly unlikely because Hackintosh community is fairly small [compared to Linux community] and Hackintosh'ed laptops with discrete Nvidia GPUs are even smaller [compared to Linux community].

Great guide. I'm willing to give it a try but I'm not ready to COMPLETELY give up my w7. How does windows 7 work with the Modded BIOS you suggested we should use?

-I even ordered an 8 GB Usb memory drive to install it:crazy:

Also..Is there any need for me to use the Modded bios at all?
My AA5750G uses an i3 (so no turbo boost). I don't mind installing kexts as long as the on you provided perform as they should.
Another thing you forgot to mention is if the Intel HD 3000 works natively/using DSDT.

Hope you can answer those question.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back