Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling with the final steps of making my Acer Aspire 5750G-9821 (core i7 2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM) bootable. I have installed Mavericks using unibeast, loaded kexts to enable ethernet, wifi, etc... generated and patched my dsdt.aml, generated my ssdt.aml and installed chameleon to my EFI partition. I can boot just fine from my USB stick, but when I boot from my EFI partition, I end up with a kernel panic. Screens shots are attached. any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Image-2.jpg
    Image-2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 204
  • Image1-2.jpg
    Image1-2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 205
I am struggling with the final steps of making my Acer Aspire 5750G-9821 (core i7 2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM) bootable. I have installed Mavericks using unibeast, loaded kexts to enable ethernet, wifi, etc... generated and patched my dsdt.aml, generated my ssdt.aml and installed chameleon to my EFI partition. I can boot just fine from my USB stick, but when I boot from my EFI partition, I end up with a kernel panic. Screens shots are attached. any assistance would be appreciated.

Something is incorrect with your PM/SSDT setup.

See this post for a checklist: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Thanks for the link!

I have my 5750G booting on its own. Sometimes boots cause a kernel panic, but a reboot seems to resolve the panic. Overall, it works very nicely.

Are there any groups/users in the suburban Chicago area that could help me tweak me setup?

Many, many thanks for the valuable information here!

Hey guys,

So I want to follow this forum to help me install Mac os x Mountain Lion on my acer 5750g. THough I have one question befroe I start. When I do it will it be dual boot with my already installed windows 7?

Hey guys,

So I want to follow this forum to help me install Mac os x Mountain Lion on my acer 5750g. THough I have one question befroe I start. When I do it will it be dual boot with my already installed windows 7?

No. Your entire drive will be erased when you repartition for OS X GPT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back