Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
good news, and bad news :p

the dsdt finally worked for me!
but i still don't have wi-fi ._. BUT, i have ethernet !
and i lost sound...

but all the other kexts work !

did you create this DSDT or did you download it somewhere ?
if you created it, can you help me to create a DSDT alone ?

You know you can easily change the WiFi card.
How come you lost sound? Did you just updated to 10.8.2? If so you need to reinstall AppleHDA and IONetworkingFamily. If not, didn't you forget to install HDAEnabler?
And no, I didn't create the DSDT myself and know nearly nothing about it.

Well, I'm glad we have a thread about this laptop again. (The previous one got deleted)

For wifi you can edit your DSDT, for power management you gotta either use NullCPUPowermanagement (which means no turboboost) or a modded BIOS.
My internet connection has problems right now but I'm gonna post a complete set of files ASAP.

Guess we're all glad indeed….. i've been testing and researching for quiet a while now….. can't find anyone with the same specs!
Thanks to you tho, i think we are all in for a treat real soon, i just downloaded your files, will give it a test now and see what happens….. fingers crossed.

i got a question tho, i already have the modded BIOS you posted, but about the DSDT you posted, is it a general one for the 5750g or is it specifically tailored for your specs??? i'm not much of an expert with dsdt, i hate errors! lol

i didn't update to 10.8.2 and i installed all the kexts in the "sound" folder + HDAenabler etc etc

Guess we're all glad indeed….. i've been testing and researching for quiet a while now….. can't find anyone with the same specs!
Thanks to you tho, i think we are all in for a treat real soon, i just downloaded your files, will give it a test now and see what happens….. fingers crossed.

i got a question tho, i already have the modded BIOS you posted, but about the DSDT you posted, is it a general one for the 5750g or is it specifically tailored for your specs??? i'm not much of an expert with dsdt, i hate errors! lol
As I said before I'm not a DSDT guru either, BUT, I know that DSDTs are not THAT specification specific (I know my English is off!), Unless you heavily modify them. And the only thing that this one does is to enable brightness control and Atheros WiFi card, that's all.

p.s. We share the same surname!

i didn't update to 10.8.2 and i installed all the kexts in the "sound" folder + HDAenabler etc etc
So are you sure you are using ALC269? Maybe it's the same chip with different Vendor ID and Product ID, if so you can easily "correct" the kext.

As I said before I'm not a DSDT guru either, BUT, I know that DSDTs are not THAT specification specific (I know my English is off!), Unless you heavily modify them. And the only thing that this one does is to enable brightness control and Atheros WiFi card, that's all.

p.s. We share the same surname!

Nasr? where are you from??

Btw i just installed everything, as well as the right ssdt, but i still got a "power management" KP :(

FIXED!! :D a few problems tho, no sound (altho system info sees it!) and no wifi, trackpad, bluetooth + a few unnoticeable glitches… everything else works tho.

Nasr? where are you from??

Btw i just installed everything, as well as the right ssdt, but i still got a "power management" KP :(

FIXED!! :D a few problems tho, no sound (altho system info sees it!) and no wifi, trackpad, bluetooth + a few unnoticeable glitches… everything else works tho.

If you use Elan touchpad I think you should use this, but it works as a simple mouse and gestures doesn't work. I believe it's impossible to get Elan touchpads recognized as trackpad [at the moment].
And if you use a WiFi card other that Atheros 9285, the DSDT can't enable it, sry!
For sound, take a look at this.

p.s. I'm from Iran, from a mixed Persian, Azeri, Qashaqi, Arab, Afghan, Talish heritage!

If you use Elan touchpad I think you should use this, but it works as a simple mouse and gestures doesn't work. I believe it's impossible to get Elan touchpads recognized as trackpad [at the moment].
And if you use a WiFi card other that Atheros 9285, the DSDT can't enable it, sry!
For sound, take a look at this.

p.s. I'm from Iran, from a mixed Persian, Azeri, Qashaqi, Arab, Afghan, Talish heritage!

Good morning :)

Was reading your reply while having my morning tea\cig and it got me down!! no wifi :(
BUT HEY!!! i made it work, although the Russians couldn't make it work https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...T045WkFrbm56N0JfQVdiSU5jdHc&hl=ru&output=html

How: Silmple, i added a legacy Atheros Kext, i'll post it here soon, just gotta test bluetooth and some other things, and as soon as i have bluetooth and sound up and running, i'll continue on your guide with my specific model.

Thanks for your help bro :)

P.S. I'm From Egypt, from a mixed Greek, Armenian, Turkish heritage….

Acer Aspire 5750G
&
OS X Mountain Lion

View attachment 32243

Hi guys and gals!

This is a complete guide to get your adventurous AA 5750G up and running with it's new Apple made clothes.
***USE THIS COMPLETELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF YOU BLOW UP YOUR WHOLE TOWN NEITHER ME NOR ANYONE ELSE BUT YOU IS RESPONSIBLE***.
*Later in this post I'll mention my notebook's hardware specs, if yours uses any different hardware (like Elan touchpad or Broadcom WiFi), that specific kext won't work, you gotta find it yourself.*

First of all, go to your BIOS setup and disable the discrete GPU (select integrated), then go ahead and install ML, You don't need any boot flags or anything, just do a simple install. If you don't know how, use this guide (up to step 4); And for God's sake, please don't use distros, aside from being illegal, they are incredibly hard to fix.

Don't use Multibeast!

* If you want to enter your Apple ID in ML's first boot, you'll need WiFi; And to have WiFi you need DSDT. So Before you install the OS and AFTER you partitioned your HDD as you desire, open terminal and using cp command copy the DSDT.aml to your HDD. For example if you want to install OS X on a partition called "OSX" and you have the DSDT on a partition called "UNIBEAST" it would be:
Code:
cd /Volumes/OSX
mkdir /Extra
cp /Volumes/UNIBEAST/DSDT.aml /Volumes/OSX/Extra

If you don't have the latest OS X release (10.8.2) go ahead and install it, reboot. (You don't have a bootloader yet, use Unibeast USB Stick again)

Now we are going to install kexts to make everything working.
BUT, you have two options:

***IMPORTANT: If you are using 10.8.2, don't install OemSMBIOS.kext from FakeSMC package, it WILL cause kernel panic.***

Finally, fix boot0 error (google it) and boot into OS X using the bootloader on your HDD.

Have fun!!
..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Known issues:
- Bluetooth (Atheros AR3011 0489:E02C) won't work. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong, even when I change pid and vid in this kext, the kext doesn't load at startup; And if I use kextload, it shows up in "More info..." but still no Bluetooth)
- USB 3 won't work. (After using this kext and plugging something in, the whole system freezes, even after sleep.)
- Even with no battery installed, the system says "Power source: Battery", ignorable though.

Thank you so much! I've been looking for a decent guide on Hackintoshing the 5750G for months. This is the first guide I've found that was actually updated and easy to read.

I have installed mountain lion on my 5750g installed all kexts, bootloader, dsdt. Everything works great except I can't boot with switchable mode for graphics. Before I had Lion installed it booted with switchable. What am I not doing right?

I have installed mountain lion on my 5750g installed all kexts, bootloader, dsdt. Everything works great except I can't boot with switchable mode for graphics. Before I had Lion installed it booted with switchable. What am I not doing right?
You can use this DSDT, it only works if you have selected "switchable". (No it doesn't let you use switchable GPUs, it only enables you to boot with them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back