Contribute
Register

A way to Uninstall/Remove the installed kexts previously

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...The use of /Extra/Extensions was originally designed for use in earlier versions of OS X and is no longer supported. ..."

Do you know the reason for this decision? In my limited understanding this was a great concept to make sure kexts are not overwritten by osx updates.
The reason it is no longer supported is due to the way kext caching is done in Lion and Mountain Lion. There is no way to use the kernel cache along with /Extra/Extensions. As of Lion there are very few patched kexts used now and reinstalling them via MultiBeast is a piece of cake.

If you really want to use /Extra/Extensions you can, but you can't use kernel cache and is not and will never be supported by MultiBeast.

Thank you for the fast answer.

I have installed quite a few hackintosh´s since 10.6 but have only "user knowledge". I would love to get more into it and to get community. I´m at the end of my computer science studies and working as a developer already, but on high level frameworks. My driver aso. knowledge is very basic. If you have links to information to dig in deeper, I would be grateful. Maybe I can give something back to the community some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back