Register

6650 XT No hardware acceleration.

Motherboard
Gigabyte b550m aorus elite ax
CPU
Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
I have injected device ID and model and spoofed GPU model with an aml file added to my ACPI folder :/ I also have adgpmod=pikera added to my boot arguments. Brand new build and I was able to get monterey installed just don't have hardware acceleration. Any tips appreciated. EFI folder attached. I had this GPU working fine with Sonoma on my i7 9700k hackintosh before doing this ryzen 5800x build. Not sure what I am missing to fix graphics. EFI uploaded here- https://github.com/jake99x3/ryzentosh/blob/main/EFI.zip

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 25
I have injected device ID and model and spoofed GPU model with an aml file added to my ACPI folder :/ I also have adgpmod=pikera added to my boot arguments. Brand new build and I was able to get monterey installed just don't have hardware acceleration. Any tips appreciated. EFI folder attached. I had this GPU working fine with Sonoma on my i7 9700k hackintosh before doing this ryzen 5800x build. Not sure what I am missing to fix graphics. EFI uploaded here- https://github.com/jake99x3/ryzentosh/blob/main/EFI.zip
look into using NootRX.kext (remove whatevergreen.kext)

(Lilu.kext should be first in your list)

Resolved with NootRX. Thanks!
NVM lol. Thought i resolved with NootRX.kext. Graphics shows up as 8gb now in about this mac but i get the colorful spinning loading wheel quite often. Has hardware acceleration but tends to have long load times/freezes up when i go to type something.

This is the current state of my EFI with Whatevergreen removed, Lilu spot corrected but still randomly freezing...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 19
@BigTedLikesTacos,

It will actually work if you use WhateverGreen but instead spoof the PCI device-id of the RX6600XT in the config. The details can be found in my build under Gigabyte Z590I Vision D.

This is the current state of my EFI with Whatevergreen removed, Lilu spot corrected but still randomly freezing...
Try Your EFI again I used the old NootRX.kext and disabled Device gpu removed agdpmod=pikera.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 17
Try Your EFI again I used the old NootRX.kext and disabled Device gpu removed agdpmod=pikera.
I will post back tmw when I have the chance to sit down at it. Thank you my friend

Hi there!!

I have successfully installed macOS Sonoma 14.1 with i5-12400f and RX 6650 XT but I tried everything I couldn't get DRM nor HW Acceleration.

Hackintool says "VDA Decoder failed" and i.e. Netflix on Safari doesn't work.

I've tried with WhateverGreen and NootRX but I can't get.

Any help, will be appreciate.

Thanks!!

Hi there!!

I have successfully installed macOS Sonoma 14.1 with i5-12400f and RX 6650 XT but I tried everything I couldn't get DRM nor HW Acceleration.

Hackintool says "VDA Decoder failed" and i.e. Netflix on Safari doesn't work.

I've tried with WhateverGreen and NootRX but I can't get.

Any help, will be appreciate.

Thanks!!

Back