Contribute
Register

5960x Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i know this, but i am not sure on how to properly insert it in the bootlist file.
Thats why i wanted to see a picture, or a copy paste of your entire code.
I dont know how to write and where.

<key> yaddayadda <key>
<yes> etc etc??

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Boot Banner</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x14e -v -f</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Add -v so you can see where you get stuck.
The debug=0x14e was needed for some specific asus boards and is not necessarily needed for you, try looking in the successful gigabyte threads for installmethods

Hey dude.. Thanks for help here's the screenshot like you ask ( i add -v)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 237
Its a fine guide, however you should include that doing this method of modding your SLE like this with a rollback kext from mavericks will kill the boot upon software upgrade.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Boot Banner</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x14e -v -f</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks alot exactly what i needed!!

Does anyone know what is caused this stuttering issue I'm having?

I'm running on a 5960x (@3.5GHz), GTX 970, and 32GB of RAM.

I have two monitors, one 4K and one 1080P, if that matters.

I've tried various system definitions, bootloaders, removing / reinstalling drivers / cuda.

My bootflags are "-kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1"

Thanks!

Does anyone know what is caused this stuttering issue I'm having?

I'm running on a 5960x (@3.5GHz), GTX 970, and 32GB of RAM.

I have two monitors, one 4K and one 1080P, if that matters.

I've tried various system definitions, bootloaders, removing / reinstalling drivers / cuda.

My bootflags are "-kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1"

Thanks!

Hey GARY hello guy, but in reference to your issue with the 970 I think it might be related to the card it self, I seen a lot of owner at the Nvidia forum complaining about the shutter that the 970 has in Windows plus in addition of some other issues that the card has already, you might has to wait till Nvidia comes out with some new drivers, Can tell you more from experiance cause I own a 980 hydroCopper instead.

So today is my turn on giving a tray on this USERS GUIDE 5960X owners. I have follow step by step the guide lines, also I want to ask to those owner of the 5960X with ASUS mother, after followed this guide with success install what option have you follow to install drivers, cause this guide it doesn't mention which: MULTIBEAST route or CLOVER way, thanks for the answer of this last one.

Hi,

I'm getting closer! I'm still not into the installer yet.

1. @FuzzyPanda, I used your method to repair permissions. I couldn't use Disk Utility either.
2. I'm still stuck at PCI configuration begin:

IMG_0044.JPG

Please help! Thank you!

Here's my rig:

CPU: Intel 5960X
GPU(s): Gigabyte Windforce nVidia 970 x 2
RAM: 64GB (8GB x 8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte x99-UD4
Storage: 4x Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, 2x Hitachi Deskstar 4TB

Hey GARY hello guy, but in reference to your issue with the 970 I think it might be related to the card it self, I seen a lot of owner at the Nvidia forum complaining about the shutter that the 970 has in Windows plus in addition of some other issues that the card has already, you might has to wait till Nvidia comes out with some new drivers, Can tell you more from experiance cause I own a 980 hydroCopper instead.

So today is my turn on giving a tray on this USERS GUIDE 5960X owners. I have follow step by step the guide lines, also I want to ask to those owner of the 5960X with ASUS mother, after followed this guide with success install what option have you follow to install drivers, cause this guide it doesn't mention which: MULTIBEAST route or CLOVER way, thanks for the answer of this last one.

Well Veterant you are doing good congrats of your success!

Well my experience after install Yosemite from scratch following JohnKeller's guide (STEP BY STEP) and using FUSSYPANDA's way to repair permission I finally got a success install, but afterwords I got stock at having yosemite not to recognize my card and problems with resolution nvidia's drivers, add this boot flag, delete this other, try this try that blasé, blasé, then decide to ADD the BOOT FLAG (PCIRootUID=1) and walla solved the issue.

Now my BOOT FLAGS are, for my rig setup:(npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1) without the quote of course.

Well Veterant you are doing good congrats of your success!

Well my experience after install Yosemite from scratch following JohnKeller's guide (STEP BY STEP) and using FUSSYPANDA's way to repair permission I finally got a success install, but afterwords I got stock at having yosemite not to recognize my card and problems with resolution nvidia's drivers, add this boot flag, delete this other, try this try that blasé, blasé, then decide to ADD the BOOT FLAG (PCIRootUID=1) and walla solved the issue.

Now my BOOT FLAGS are, for my rig setup:(npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1) without the quote of course.

Have you got audio working with 10.10.2? I've got the same setup as you (X99-Deluxe / 5960x) and as soon as I updated, I can't seem to get sound to work. I've managed to get outputs showing up finally (using Toleda's walkthrough), but when I hit play on anything, it just sits at 0:00 in the playback and nothing plays.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back