Contribute
Register

5960x Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got audio working with 10.10.2? I've got the same setup as you (X99-Deluxe / 5960x) and as soon as I updated, I can't seem to get sound to work. I've managed to get outputs showing up finally (using Toleda's walkthrough), but when I hit play on anything, it just sits at 0:00 in the playback and nothing plays.

Thanks in advance!

No ERIC that's the only thing I'm missing right now. Also I find out yesterday, that after playing around with my finished setup, I went and shot down the computer change hard drive, cause I have Windows on a M.2 card and when I boot up windows (G-Sync) on my monitor was broken maybe the Apples Nvidia drive cause that, I uninstall the driver install a preview driver and nothing happens, this morning turn on the computer and (G-Sync) was back in the Nvidia's control panel as a choice before it was not.

In other words how ever own a monitor like my an ASUS PG278Q (G-Sync) Monitor be aware soon after use Yosemite if want to boot to Windows you are not going to have (G-Sync) till you let the computer a while or over night to let the (G-Sync) chip to reset on its own. Until some address this into Nidias forum for the to fix this issue, JUST A HEADS UP for owner of this so new technology.

I don't see any kexts in /USB/Extra.

I see some in /USB/Extra/Extensions, is that where I delete them?

No ERIC that's the only thing I'm missing right now. Also I find out yesterday, that after playing around with my finished setup, I went and shot down the computer change hard drive, cause I have Windows on a M.2 card and when I boot up windows (G-Sync) on my monitor was broken maybe the Apples Nvidia drive cause that, I uninstall the driver install a preview driver and nothing happens, this morning turn on the computer and (G-Sync) was back in the Nvidia's control panel as a choice before it was not.

In other words how ever own a monitor like my an ASUS PG278Q (G-Sync) Monitor be aware soon after use Yosemite if want to boot to Windows you are not going to have (G-Sync) till you let the computer a while or over night to let the (G-Sync) chip to reset on its own. Until some address this into Nidias forum for the to fix this issue, JUST A HEADS UP for owner of this so new technology.

So, in a move of desperation (I was LITERALLY in the process of rolling everything back to 10.10 but figured I'd give it another swing), I opened up my 10.10 backup, and copied across the AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext (and a few others unrelated to audio), and audio suddenly worked - the only weirdness being that the output was a different audio jack than expected.

So to recap, I followed Toleda's steps in Realtek ALC hacking to the number, then replaced the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts with working ones from 10.10. Audio works.

Good luck!

How did you do it with kext wizard? It didn't recognize that drive for me.

what were your bootflags? We have nearly identical setups. Thank you.

@1pp1k10k4m1

Hey guy just follow step by steps the guide lines of John'skellers then to repair permission on the created installer USB follow FUZZY's PANDA guide lines on this post, that's exactly what I did. Boot Flags I use for the installer ( -x -f -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1) and after installer I used the same flags to get to the desktop, after installed multibeast download the Nvidias driver install it then instead to boot with nv_disable=1 deletd that and replace with nvda_drv=1 also add to the boot flgas just after install the NVidia drivers the PCIRootUID=1. In other words after install every you should boot with boot flags: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1. You should have those add I to the Boot.plist file, Good luck guy.

@ERICMARAN

Thanks for the advice I will try that and let you know the out comes, TIA guy.

@The Veterant

Thank you for the reply and advice, I really appreciate it. I'm in an odd place because I THINK that I've followed his instructions exactly. I've tried with FuzzyPanda's method and with KextWizard method. So, far, still get stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. However, there's always the possibility I'm doing something incorrectly and need to be more careful. I'll try again in a couple of hours.

Would you mind explaining this step to me? It's under step 12 of part 2.

12. Navigate to /USB/Extra and then delete all of the .kext files

I don't see any actual Kexts in that directory. I see 2 plists and 3 folders. 1 folder contains 2 dynlib, 1 folder (Extensions) contains several Kexts, and I forgot what the other folder contains, but they aren't Kexts.

Am I supposed to just delete everything in the /USB/Extra directory? Or just the Kexts in the /USB/Extra/Extensions directory?

I used the same boot flags as you ( -x -f -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1).

Also, I have 2 nVidia 970s in SLI, should I disconnect one? And 64GB of RAM, should I pull some out?

THANK YOU!

So, I got home and tried EXACTLY the tutorial as closely as I could replicate it.

Here is the video of my attempt:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnuaw0uthl5hgc3/Hackintosh - PCI Config Begin.mp4?dl=0

I am still stuck in the exact same place. What am i doing wrong? Please help!

Also, I'm not super worried about the SATA warning because it didn't show up until I installed the M.2 drive last night. Should I be?

Last edited:
So, in a move of desperation (I was LITERALLY in the process of rolling everything back to 10.10 but figured I'd give it another swing), I opened up my 10.10 backup, and copied across the AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext (and a few others unrelated to audio), and audio suddenly worked - the only weirdness being that the output was a different audio jack than expected.

So to recap, I followed Toleda's steps in Realtek ALC hacking to the number, then replaced the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts with working ones from 10.10. Audio works.

Good luck!

Do you mind posting your 10.10 kext you patched?

i started with a fresh install from 10.10.2 and haven't been able to get audio working.

My system is as follows.
i7-5960x
Asus X99 Deluxe
Nvidia GTX760 2GB.

I used boot flags -v -f npci=0x2000 debug=0x14e.

The system hangs for 20 seconds at PCI configuration begin but then it proceeds ahead normally for me.

I also used Multibeast but I hit the boot0 error while booting from Crucial 512 GB SSD. Anyone else hit this kind of issue? If so what did you do to fix it? Thanks!

@The Veterant

Thank you for the reply and advice, I really appreciate it. I'm in an odd place because I THINK that I've followed his instructions exactly. I've tried with FuzzyPanda's method and with KextWizard method. So, far, still get stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. However, there's always the possibility I'm doing something incorrectly and need to be more careful. I'll try again in a couple of hours.

Would you mind explaining this step to me? It's under step 12 of part 2.

12. Navigate to /USB/Extra and then delete all of the .kext files

I don't see any actual Kexts in that directory. I see 2 plists and 3 folders. 1 folder contains 2 dynlib, 1 folder (Extensions) contains several Kexts, and I forgot what the other folder contains, but they aren't Kexts.

Am I supposed to just delete everything in the /USB/Extra directory? Or just the Kexts in the /USB/Extra/Extensions directory?

I used the same boot flags as you ( -x -f -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1).

Also, I have 2 nVidia 970s in SLI, should I disconnect one? And 64GB of RAM, should I pull some out?

THANK YOU!

So, I got home and tried EXACTLY the tutorial as closely as I could replicate it.

Here is the video of my attempt:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnuaw0uthl5hgc3/Hackintosh - PCI Config Begin.mp4?dl=0

I am still stuck in the exact same place. What am i doing wrong? Please help!

Also, I'm not super worried about the SATA warning because it didn't show up until I installed the M.2 drive last night. Should I be?

Yes, your are right navigate to EXTRA, EXTENSIONS and delete all the kext there. To repair permission follow FUZZYPANDAS method or the other way around is I believed right click the installer icon (USB) click on "more info" always at the bottom of that screen their is an option uncheck the ownership option, but first you have to open the padlock by entering your password then uncheck the option, ones done that go to disk UTILITIES and repair permissions like you normally would, this last one I haven't done it, its just what I read there, GOOD luck guy.

Note: don't know in your case, you might try with one card first and at less in your case with 32GB of ram in other words just 4 DIMMS setup, and test to see where you get to. I only have one card and honestly try one card follow my first boot, BOOT FLAGS, then post install follow what I mention and the BOOT FLAGS again and you shouldn't have no problem. I have X99 Deluxe, (1) GTX 980 my SSD erase completely no preview OSX install on it and the USB installer that I mention to create, that's it guy for me, and I did it, Let me know.

Attention by the way I forgot in my experience since you have a GTX 970, if you get by any chance to complete the install when you go to configure you hardware with multibeast don't use MacPro 6,1 for SMBIOS, use 5,1 or 3,1 cause in my case I could get full resolution with MacPro 6,1 in other words the Nvidia drive wasn't working for me with 6,1 it works with 5,1 and 3,1. Remember that. that's my 2cents for the day. (GOOD LUCK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back