Contribute
Register

5960x Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you guys successfully updated to 10.10.2?

I'm stuck with "PCI configuration begin" again after updating to 10.10.2, even after replacing both "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" and "IOPCIFamily.kext". This workaround doesn't seem to work anymore with 10.10.2.

We 5960x hackintoshers might probably be stuck with 10.10.1 for quite a while...

I updated to 10.10.2, and then also did a fresh install of 10.10.2. I used unibeast for the installer and clover for post install.

Fuzzypanda did you have the picture of your Kernelfile please.

Picture of my Kernelfile? What do you mean?

I registered just to join you in this endeavour, seriously i was stuck from day 1 with the x99e-ws on that -x bootflag being mandatory to boot on 5960x/x99e-ws/GTX980, which keeps you to actually get anywhere with any osx installation, as the 980 isn't supported by nvidia in Mavericks.

fuzzypanda, do you have any idea what "debug=0x14e" actually do and why does it fix the boot with that board ? Just for the knowledge, because at that point i'm just very happy as it is, just know that you'll be praised everyday, while still hoping it gets fixed when Apple release a new Mac Pro.

It was blind luck. I was looking at this site https://code.google.com/p/maczfs/wiki/KernelDebugging trying to figure out how to increase debugging and my machine just booted. I have yet to go back and try each flag individually. Maybe tonight.

0x14e is just a combination of

Code:
0x02 - Send kernel debugging printf output to console
0x04 - Drop into debugger on non-maskable interrupt
0x08 - Send kernel debugging kprintf to serial port
0x40 - Allow debugger to ARP and route
0x100 - Disable graphical panic dialog

I updated to 10.10.2, and then also did a fresh install of 10.10.2. I used unibeast for the installer and clover for post install.

Just to clarify a bit... You meant either updating to 10.10.2 or fresh installing 10.10.2 both works for you? If that's the case it definitely gives me some hope to dig it up further.

Just to clarify a bit... You meant either updating to 10.10.2 or fresh installing 10.10.2 both works for you? If that's the case it definitely gives me some hope to dig it up further.

Yes, I did both, and it worked just fine.

On a side note, my sleep had not been working (i tried darkwake flags, etc). What got sleep to work on my system was adding

Code:
-gux_nosleep

kernel flag. Sleep works perfectly! Only thing left is Speed Step and Turbo Mode with an overclocked chip. ssdtPRGen.sh generates the SSDT.aml, but power gauge doesn't show speed stepping or turbo mode. Just stuck at 3000... :banghead:

Picture of my Kernelfile? What do you mean?
[/CODE]

I mean, how do i insert the debug=0x14e into the kernelfile, im kinda noob so i dont wanna mess anything up. So i asked for a screenshot of your kernelfile/bootfile? So i dont have to write debug=0x14e everytime i boot the os, thanks.

Ps its great that you are trying to narrow it down a bit so we can get better understanding of what might be causing the PCI config. Hangup.

I mean, how do i insert the debug=0x14e into the kernelfile, im kinda noob so i dont wanna mess anything up. So i asked for a screenshot of your kernelfile/bootfile? So i dont have to write debug=0x14e everytime i boot the os, thanks.

Ps its great that you are trying to narrow it down a bit so we can get better understanding of what might be causing the PCI config. Hangup.

You need to add it to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

i just download from app store the new Yosemite os x .
doing all steps you wrote, boot up with flags: -v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1
and nothing happened still stuck at "pci configuration begin"

ga-x99-ud4
i7 5960x
gigabyte gtx960
16gb
480 ssd patriot

please help me
maybe the problem because i used app store os x Yosemite (i believe it's download the new 10.10.2 version) or there is something i doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_4077.jpg
    IMG_4077.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 175
now i boot with this flag:
kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1 debug=0x14e
i got in the apple logo install bar but it's stuck on half way

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 133
now i boot with this flag:
kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1 debug=0x14e
i got in the apple logo install bar but it's stuck on half way

Add -v so you can see where you get stuck.
The debug=0x14e was needed for some specific asus boards and is not necessarily needed for you, try looking in the successful gigabyte threads for installmethods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back