Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bios definitions are you using?§
I'm using Mac Pro 6,1. But I think it's not the point: once swapped Chimera with Clover, I ran a GB and what I saw are the result I've mentioned a bunch of posts above (with 5,1).. Then I've changed to 6,1 and results were pretty the same (as the "worst" one) :(

I'm sure that the ssdt I'm using is good because I'm running this config since early February 2015 without issues!! All perfectly working (except for the Thunderbolt Ex II..) and rock solid.

I really don't know what to do..! I need to keep my system under Clover, because with it I have more chance to enable the Thunderbolt Ex card, but it seems impossible... :rolleyes:

Is there anyone with a Rampage V extreme with this card fully recognized?

Thank you thenightflyer

@thenightflyer

You use your hackintosh for audio work, yes?

I'm having terrible stability issues, upward of 1-2 crashes per hour using Digital Performer and ProTools. The system will literally just restart. Opening and closing files seems to cause most of these to occur, but today I just had a crash while adjusting a pan knob in ProTools.

Even seemingly simple stuff like opening my eLicenser software for iLok causes a reboot. Are you running into any of these issues?

Thanks in advance,

@thenightflyer

I'm having terrible stability issues, upward of 1-2 crashes per hour using Digital Performer and ProTools. The system will literally just restart. Opening and closing files seems to cause most of these to occur, but today I just had a crash while adjusting a pan knob in ProTools.

Even seemingly simple stuff like opening my eLicenser software for iLok causes a reboot. Are you running into any of these issues?

Thanks in advance,
I use my config for Logic Pro and Pro Tools, but I've never experienced something like this! I've worked even on heavy projects.. Have you done overclock?

I use my config for Logic Pro and Pro Tools, but I've never experienced something like this! I've worked even on heavy projects.. Have you done overclock?

Yes, I am overclocking. 4.3GHz with RAM at 2400MHz.

I ran CPUTest for an hour with no issues to stress test my overclock.

I've started stripping the system down to see if it continues having issues. First I pulled the NVME Drive, and started working off an SSD, now I'm going to pull additional harddrives.

On another note, the AsMedia SATA controller (that hosts two internal sata, and two esata ports) on the WS board doesn't seem to work. It was working fine with just a single eSATA device plugged in, but when I plugged in drives to its internal ports, nothing (not even the esata drive) shows up.

@thenightflyer

Thanks in advance,

Hi mate...i use Cubase 8.5 with usb E-LICENSER, and Ivory Piano 2 with iLok dongle and i never had any issue caused by those dongles. And i never had with my previous build...Maybe there is something wrong with Protools, or maybe some driver cause this issue. What kind of audio board do you use? (stupid question) is your Protools a legit copy?

I've started stripping the system down to see if it continues having issues. First I pulled the NVME Drive, and started working off an SSD, now I'm going to pull additional harddrives.

On another note, the AsMedia SATA controller (that hosts two internal sata, and two esata ports) on the WS board doesn't seem to work. It was working fine with just a single eSATA device plugged in, but when I plugged in drives to its internal ports, nothing (not even the esata drive) shows up.

Do you have the same issue in Windows too?

I'm using Mac Pro 6,1. But I think it's not the point: once swapped Chimera with Clover, I ran a GB and what I saw are the result I've mentioned a bunch of posts above (with 5,1).. Then I've changed to 6,1 and results were pretty the same (as the "worst" one) :(

I'm sure that the ssdt I'm using is good because I'm running this config since early February 2015 without issues!! All perfectly working (except for the Thunderbolt Ex II..) and rock solid.

I really don't know what to do..! I need to keep my system under Clover, because with it I have more chance to enable the Thunderbolt Ex card, but it seems impossible... :rolleyes:

Is there anyone with a Rampage V extreme with this card fully recognized?

Thank you thenightflyer
When you build an Hackintosh you must consider strange behaviours like this...expecially if the hardware is not fully supported by Apple, like X99 and 5960X.
For example, i tried to setup this build with Mavericks instead of Yosemite...i used Chimera bootloader and my Gb score was at 4.5GHZ OC about 37000 with multicore....with this configuration, Yosemite and Clover and same OC rate i'm at 36700 or 35900..it always changes....

When you build an Hackintosh you must consider strange behaviours like this...expecially if the hardware is not fully supported by Apple, like X99 and 5960X.
For example, i tried to setup this build with Mavericks instead of Yosemite...i used Chimera bootloader and my Gb score was at 4.5GHZ OC about 37000 with multicore....with this configuration, Yosemite and Clover and same OC rate i'm at 36700 or 35900..it always changes....
Yeah, you're right!! All I want now is just to have the Thunderbolt EX II working.. On my board, in order to get it fully functional under windows, you need to use the PCIE 4_1, that is the black pcie slot (not the shorter one). I can use all my thunderbolt devices under windows, but Yosemite can't recognize anything.

Changing buffer sizes (and other settings that go from 32 to 128) may help?

Try to lower the ram speed, or try to loose CAS of a point or two! Sometimes Windows is rock solid and OS X doesn't, and rarely is OS X. What kind of ram do you have? 2.666?

I haven't much stability at 2.400, since I'm overclocking with a 125 strap x 35.. so I keep my ram at 3000! I don't know if this is your case

SUCCESS! mostly.. i literally cant thank you enough for this guide! The only issue i have so far is that the audio option you selected, Optional EFI Bootloader Support, isn't even on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back