Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update of these install on El Capitan ?
someone with a x99-E WS could post his config.plist or EFI for it?

i get USB with El Capitan+ clover boot but got restart/loop at [Pci Configurtion begin]

-v -x -f nvda_drv=1 npci=0x3000

tried npci=0x2000 and cpus=1 without succes

Thanks

Which CPU?

Hi,

I have exactly the same config as you rbbunmc
This is not my first hackintosh but I have a weird issue and can not boot with UniBeast usb key. I think it might be related to the bios configuration. As writted in this guide the following options must be checked :

Intel xHCI Mode = Auto
xHCI Legacy Support = Enabled
EHCI Legacy Support = Enabled
xHCI Hand-off = Enabled
EHCI Hand-off = Enabled

My problem is that I can't find the xHCI Legacy Support option in my bios settings to enable it and I suppose that's why I can't event boot on the usb drive (made by following the instructions).

Any clue on how I could enable xHCI in the bios (currently version 3102) ?

Many thanks.

Hello all,

thanks to rbbunmc's fantastic guide and thenightflyer's tips I managed to setup my new machine with 10.10.5.

Buuuut, TB EXII is not working correct. I have a working TB installation in Windows 10 Pro. No TB-Ethernet Connection in Yosemite and strange behavior while installing software for Thunderbolt Devices: When installing Pro Tools HD Drivers I experience shutdowns. I managed to see my audio interface for once and selected it. Then I heard a strange current noise and the system did shutdown. Then I never saw that device again in that installation but managed to reinstall the hack.

I have my card in slot#2 and followed the guide. Where can I look into? Or maybe order a single-TB-card? Different BIOS-Settings? HELP!

Thank you! Thank you!

PS: My setup is just like rbbunmc's with this exception: GTX 970

Thanks to rbbummc for an amazing guide that just work (when you follow it precisely)!!!

I've the same build just with an GTX 670, so I could skip the graphic part cause it works natively. I'm composing music and the machine just kills it. Also cause I putted 128GB RAM in it, which really changed everything compared to my older hack o_O

---- I just have one problem; When I write stuff between discs, and try to play audio at the same time, the sound playback starts crackles, pops and basically stops. I'm using an external soundcard (RME Fireface UC). I was wondering if others have had the same problem. Can't seem to find anything about it on the web... :?:

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

thanks to rbbunmc's fantastic guide and thenightflyer's tips I managed to setup my new machine with 10.10.5.

Buuuut, TB EXII is not working correct. I have a working TB installation in Windows 10 Pro. No TB-Ethernet Connection in Yosemite and strange behavior while installing software for Thunderbolt Devices: When installing Pro Tools HD Drivers I experience shutdowns. I managed to see my audio interface for once and selected it. Then I heard a strange current noise and the system did shutdown. Then I never saw that device again in that installation but managed to reinstall the hack.

I have my card in slot#2 and followed the guide. Where can I look into? Or maybe order a single-TB-card? Different BIOS-Settings? HELP!

Thank you! Thank you!

PS: My setup is just like rbbunmc's with this exception: GTX 970
What bios revision are you using? The problem is not due by your TB card...i read that some users had problems with Pro Tools and hackintosh, expecially x99 builds. I don't know if it's caused by drivers installed by PT software or other reasons. If you put the same settings of the rbbunms's guide so it's not a bios problem. It can be the dual port TB card...but i cannot be sure. I use a single port TB card and the only problem i've it's sometimes an hd drive disconnection during rar files unpacking, or if i restart my build with TB hd connected the system hangs at the start "ASUS" black menu...but most of time it works perfectly.
If you didn't install too much programs try to reinstall again evertything, update to the last security patch from app store and then install your pro tools drivers...

Thanks to rbbummc for an amazing guide that just work (when you follow it precisely)!!!

I've the same build just with an GTX 670, so I could skip the graphic part cause it works natively. I'm composing music and the machine just kills it. Also cause I putted 128GB RAM in it, which really changed everything compared to my older hack o_O

---- I just have one problem; When I write stuff between discs, and try to play audio at the same time, the sound playback starts crackles, pops and basically stops. I'm using an external soundcard (RME Fireface UC). I was wondering if others have had the same problem. Can't seem to find anything about it on the web... :?:

Thanks in advance.
What kind of disk do you use? SSD or HDD? And what kind of firewire adapter do you use?
PS wow did you put 128MB DDR4???

Hello all,

Do you get 10.10.5 running? Mine with a titan x can't even boot the installer (clover+ el capitan).

Could you post your bios settings, config.plist and EFI folder?

Thanks

Nobody with an x99 and 5960x cpu has been able to set up a working build with EC...there are other guides with EC and X99 in the forum but with 5960X no successful builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back