Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is basically the same issue I'm running into (although, I'm trying to get the system to boot off an NVME drive).

This issue gets discussed quite a bit here: http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/125/?page=0

To save you the time of reading a few hundred posts, I'll summarize what the thread details.

The kernel can only use 4gb of memory. On boot, it must load in all the ROMs for the various PCIe and other system devices that are needed at boot. To do this, it needs continuous blocks of memory. OsxAptioFixDrv is terrible at memory allocation, and so finding continuous blocks of memory sometimes doesn't happen, hence the error.

However: It seems that memory maps are not cleared with reboot. I've personally experienced this, and many of the people in that cloverefi bug report did as well. This means that once you get the message you will continue to get the message. The solution offered in the thread was to reset your bios. Personally, I just unplug my thunderbolt card, boot, and then replug it back in. Changing the PCIe configuration seems to force the boot mem-map to rebuild.

The bug report concludes with the issue either vanishing due to the new version of clover, or people still have it.

On another note, you might try out the alternate OsxAptioFixDrv-x99 that is provided by rrbunmc in his original post.

Best of luck. If you discover anything, please let me know.

Edit: I tried the bios config change suggested by bluesrain. The system doesn't boot at all. Running -v shows me that it hangs after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ] and it always hangs on the "HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kaby"

Edit: It actually just hangs on whatever comes after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ].

Thanks very much!
I tried following rrbunmc guide and using his OsxAptioFixDrv-x99 but no luck yet.
I´ll try to go through the whole process again and see if I get some results.
In the mean time have you seen the post good news for x99 users?
I managed to get speed steps following their guide and using fakecpuid.
Best

Thanks very much!
I tried following rrbunmc guide and using his OsxAptioFixDrv-x99 but no luck yet.
I´ll try to go through the whole process again and see if I get some results.
In the mean time have you seen the post good news for x99 users?
I managed to get speed steps following their guide and using fakecpuid.
Best

Can you elaborate or post a link to get speed step working?
And is this for stock speed only? or does it work with overclocked speed?
Thanks

So this is basically the same issue I'm running into (although, I'm trying to get the system to boot off an NVME drive).

This issue gets discussed quite a bit here: http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/125/?page=0

To save you the time of reading a few hundred posts, I'll summarize what the thread details.

The kernel can only use 4gb of memory. On boot, it must load in all the ROMs for the various PCIe and other system devices that are needed at boot. To do this, it needs continuous blocks of memory. OsxAptioFixDrv is terrible at memory allocation, and so finding continuous blocks of memory sometimes doesn't happen, hence the error.

However: It seems that memory maps are not cleared with reboot. I've personally experienced this, and many of the people in that cloverefi bug report did as well. This means that once you get the message you will continue to get the message. The solution offered in the thread was to reset your bios. Personally, I just unplug my thunderbolt card, boot, and then replug it back in. Changing the PCIe configuration seems to force the boot mem-map to rebuild.

The bug report concludes with the issue either vanishing due to the new version of clover, or people still have it.

On another note, you might try out the alternate OsxAptioFixDrv-x99 that is provided by rrbunmc in his original post.

Best of luck. If you discover anything, please let me know.

Edit: I tried the bios config change suggested by bluesrain. The system doesn't boot at all. Running -v shows me that it hangs after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ] and it always hangs on the "HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kaby"

Edit: It actually just hangs on whatever comes after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ].

In my case , it boot normally. by the way , my on board audio ,Alc 1150, can't work correctly . so , i needn't HDAEnabler.

I test Thunderbolt with 8x HD Raid5 box, and I got 1000m/s Read&Write Speed. so , Thunderbolt work correctly. also, with chains.

Turn on Above 4G Decoding, I got Thunderbolt2 , GTX980Ti, Decklink Intensity Pro 4K , Firewire Card, All worked correctly, except usb3.0, and on board sound.

PS: Cover 3330, with test2.efi by the solution of someone i forgot his name in this bbs.

In my case , it boot normally. by the way , my on board audio ,Alc 1150, can't work correctly . so , i needn't HDAEnabler.

I test Thunderbolt with 8x HD Raid5 box, and I got 1000m/s Read&Write Speed. so , Thunderbolt work correctly. also, with chains.

Turn on Above 4G Decoding, I got Thunderbolt2 , GTX980Ti, Decklink Intensity Pro 4K , Firewire Card, All worked correctly, except usb3.0, and on board sound.

PS: Cover 3330, with test2.efi by the solution of someone i forgot his name in this bbs.

Whoo that´s great!
Could you guide me on how you did it?
I tried enabling Above 4g Decoding but my system hangs and resets with that option activated.
Thanks!

So are you using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi as modified by rbbunmc + test2.efi from nickwoodhams's website? I'll have to try again with Above 4G Decoding with that configuration...

Whoo that´s great!
Could you guide me on how you did it?
I tried enabling Above 4g Decoding but my system hangs and resets with that option activated.
Thanks!

Just like normal platform.

Make USB Install Disk ,Install Clover to EFI , Delete useless dir,files,just keep Driver64UEFI,which with OSXAptioFix-64.efi,test2.efi,and other normal .efi file,and just keep Fakesmc.kext .

Clover Boot , -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

ACPI, drop DMAR, drop OEM ssdt.

Clover, KernelHaswellE , ASUSAicpupm ,checked.

BIOS

Load Optimized , Disable SerialPort , Disable CSM, Choose OtherOS, Enable Above 4G, Disable USB3.0 XHCI .

Just Insatll as normal.

Use AGDPfix, if use SMBIOS with Macpro6,1.

Install Webdriver, then use Nvda_drv=1 instead nv_disable=1.

With Thunderbolt, Needn't driver install, use OSX Default Driver.

I do exactly these few option.

Just like normal platform.

Make USB Install Disk ,Install Clover to EFI , Delete useless dir,files,just keep Driver64UEFI,which with OSXAptioFix-64.efi,test2.efi,and other normal .efi file,and just keep Fakesmc.kext .

Clover Boot , -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

ACPI, drop DMAR, drop OEM ssdt.

Clover, KernelHaswellE , ASUSAicpupm ,checked.

BIOS

Load Optimized , Disable SerialPort , Disable CSM, Choose OtherOS, Enable Above 4G, Disable USB3.0 XHCI .

Just Insatll as normal.

Use AGDPfix, if use SMBIOS with Macpro6,1.

Install Webdriver, then use Nvda_drv=1 instead nv_disable=1.

With Thunderbolt, Needn't driver install, use OSX Default Driver.

I do exactly these few option.

I just tried this exact setup. With Above 4G Encoding enabled, my system reboots on its own before getting to desktop. Using the debug=0x100 flag to force it to pause rather than rebooting shows that it crashes on whatever happens after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ].

With Above 4G Decoding disabled, my system hangs at [ PCI configuration begin ].

You mentioned in an earlier post that your audio doesn't work - I'm pretty sure you have the same motherboard I do, and my HD audio works fine. It looks like you used a pretty different method for install from the guide posted in this thread. Is that the case? Does this imply that you are not using the x99 modified version of
OSXAptioFix-64.efi provided with this guide in this thread?

PS: By "Disable USB3.0 XHCI" did you mean:
Bios->Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration->Asmedia USB 3.1 Controller->Disabled? If not, can you elaborate more on this?

Edit: I think I found what you mean by "Disable USB3.0 XHCI". When I do this through... the only two working USB ports I have are the USB2 ports on the front panel! Is there a way for all the other USB ports to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back