Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your Guide and thank you its finally worked :D. Yosemite 10.10.5 with clover my setup MB:Asus Rampage V Extreme CPU:intel 5960x with sli nvidia titan x, so I really a appreciate your work. I am just interesting to enable bluetooth so is it possible to make it work? Thanks again ;)...

Yeah, you're right!! All I want now is just to have the Thunderbolt EX II working.. On my board, in order to get it fully functional under windows, you need to use the PCIE 4_1, that is the black pcie slot (not the shorter one). I can use all my thunderbolt devices under windows, but Yosemite can't recognize anything.

Changing buffer sizes (and other settings that go from 32 to 128) may help?
no it will not help...
But this seem so strange..

I followed your Guide and thank you its finally worked :D. Yosemite 10.10.5 with clover my setup MB:Asus Rampage V Extreme CPU:intel 5960x with sli nvidia titan x, so I really a appreciate your work. I am just interesting to enable bluetooth so is it possible to make it work? Thanks again ;)...
No...to enable Bluetooth you must buy a dongle like iogear or tplink....about 9 euro (9 dollars) you find compatible models in tonymac buyers guide

Hi mate...i use Cubase 8.5 with usb E-LICENSER, and Ivory Piano 2 with iLok dongle and i never had any issue caused by those dongles. And i never had with my previous build...Maybe there is something wrong with Protools, or maybe some driver cause this issue. What kind of audio board do you use? (stupid question) is your Protools a legit copy?

Prior to building this Hackintosh, I was running ProTools v9 on my Mac Pro (5,1). This Hackintosh has forced me to upgrade ProTools to v12, because I'm running 10.10.5. Interestingly, I can't get ProTools to see my 003 Rack (legit pro-tools hardware), but it sees my MOTU 424 card just fine. The system sees the 003 Rack, just not ProTools. I'm unsure if that is due to the new version of ProTools, or the fact that this is a Hackintosh.

My Audio interfaces are either Protools 003 Rack, or a Motu 424 card, coupled with a Motu 2408 MKIII and a Motu 2408 MKII.

Do you have multiple dongles? I have so many systems in my studio, and so many licences, I actually have three dongles plugged into this one machine. I found that I couldn't launch the E-LICENSER software if I had them plugged into the same USB port via a hub. They each needed their own port.

Try to lower the ram speed, or try to loose CAS of a point or two! Sometimes Windows is rock solid and OS X doesn't, and rarely is OS X. What kind of ram do you have? 2.666?

I haven't much stability at 2.400, since I'm overclocking with a 125 strap x 35.. so I keep my ram at 3000! I don't know if this is your case

I've actually gone back to stock clock speeds for everything. System is still randomly rebooting 2-3 times per hour while working. I've never had it randomly reboot like this during stress testing. Because it just "reboots" it doesn't even give me a crash log to look at.

Prior to building this Hackintosh, I was running ProTools v9 on my Mac Pro (5,1). This Hackintosh has forced me to upgrade ProTools to v12, because I'm running 10.10.5. Interestingly, I can't get ProTools to see my 003 Rack (legit pro-tools hardware), but it sees my MOTU 424 card just fine. The system sees the 003 Rack, just not ProTools. I'm unsure if that is due to the new version of ProTools, or the fact that this is a Hackintosh.

My Audio interfaces are either Protools 003 Rack, or a Motu 424 card, coupled with a Motu 2408 MKIII and a Motu 2408 MKII.

Do you have multiple dongles? I have so many systems in my studio, and so many licences, I actually have three dongles plugged into this one machine. I found that I couldn't launch the E-LICENSER software if I had them plugged into the same USB port via a hub. They each needed their own port.

I've actually gone back to stock clock speeds for everything. System is still randomly rebooting 2-3 times per hour while working. I've never had it randomly reboot like this during stress testing. Because it just "reboots" it doesn't even give me a crash log to look at.
I've all my dongles and an Akai MPD26 via USB in the same hub and i use all of them together and i had no problems. I missed to tell you that i've Reason dongle too, so they are 3.
And i don't think your problem depends from the fact you use an hackintosh. I see that your Mainboard is the USB3.1 version. Maybe something is different from the standard X99-E-WS non USB3.1 or maybe not, who knows.
If you can try to install Mavericks on another drive and check if you have the same issues...or if you don't want to download etc. Mav try to reinstall in another drive Yosemite and check..
Do you have a log error window opened after your system crashes and restarts? If so copy and paste here what is written there.

I have a small update on this:

1) The issue only seems to happen in ProTools. Digital Performer has been fine all afternoon. I'll have more data on this as times goes on.

2) I've purchased another SSD and I'm going to try another install. Thank you guys for your time and suggestions so far.

@thenightflyer - Is the install process for 10.9 very different from the install process for 10.10 detailed in this guide? This is my first hackintosh, so I'm pretty new to all the install methods.

I have a small update on this:

1) The issue only seems to happen in ProTools. Digital Performer has been fine all afternoon. I'll have more data on this as times goes on.

2) I've purchased another SSD and I'm going to try another install. Thank you guys for your time and suggestions so far.

@thenightflyer - Is the install process for 10.9 very different from the install process for 10.10 detailed in this guide? This is my first hackintosh, so I'm pretty new to all the install methods.
To install Mavericks i simply followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-9-4-10-9-5-a.html
Before start install process i copied in /Extra/Extensions the 4 kext of this guide and at the end i used MultiBeast to install other kext and Chimera bootloader.

Any luck with Asus X99-E WS and El Capitan?

Thanks!!

Will this guide work with this hardware?

Asus x99-A
gtx 980 ti

With the exception of using appropriate kexts and flags for my hardware?

Thanks

Any update of these install on El Capitan ?
someone with a x99-E WS could post his config.plist or EFI for it?

i get USB with El Capitan+ clover boot but got restart/loop at [Pci Configurtion begin]

-v -x -f nvda_drv=1 npci=0x3000

tried npci=0x2000 and cpus=1 without succes

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back