Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried this exact setup. With Above 4G Encoding enabled, my system reboots on its own before getting to desktop. Using the debug=0x100 flag to force it to pause rather than rebooting shows that it crashes on whatever happens after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ].

With Above 4G Decoding disabled, my system hangs at [ PCI configuration begin ].

You mentioned in an earlier post that your audio doesn't work - I'm pretty sure you have the same motherboard I do, and my HD audio works fine. It looks like you used a pretty different method for install from the guide posted in this thread. Is that the case? Does this imply that you are not using the x99 modified version of
OSXAptioFix-64.efi provided with this guide in this thread?

PS: By "Disable USB3.0 XHCI" did you mean:
Bios->Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration->Asmedia USB 3.1 Controller->Disabled? If not, can you elaborate more on this?

Edit: I think I found what you mean by "Disable USB3.0 XHCI". When I do this through... the only two working USB ports I have are the USB2 ports on the front panel! Is there a way for all the other USB ports to work?

With Above4G Decoding , must Disable USB3.0 XHCI , which in Advanced ,Usb configuration in bios .
I didn't follow this guide step. I use normal platform way. Cause Clover is so easy now.
I use OSXAPTIOFIX-64.efi provided with this guide. and test2.efi .
Yes , I only have two usb2 ports on the front panel , others ports all disabled by usb3.0.

So , with Above 4G Decoding Enable, I got
1: Thunderbolt2 card work correctly.
2:GTX980Ti work correctly.
3:Firewire card , Intensity Pro 4K, work correctly.

and don't work
1:Usb 3.0
2:Onboard Audio
3:Dual Graphic Card, such as GTX960 and GTX980ti use together, only one card work correctly, the other don't. even one AMD , one Nvidia .

with Disable Above 4g Decoding, I got

1: usb3.0
2:Dual graphic card

and don't work
1:thunderbolt card
2:eek:n board audio.

Hard to choose which method is the best way.

EDIT:My cpu is i75930K , yours is 5960X , maybe this reason?

Hi everyone!

I've recently switched from Chimera to Clover, hoping to enable the Thunderbolt EX II, but since here no luck.

I read all the existent thread about this, but I can't find a solution! The adaptor is being recognized under windows (and it is fully functional), but Yosemite 10.10.3 can't see it.

Any suggestions? I'm running a 5960x on a Rampage V Extreme (yeah, it is officially supported even on this board :) )

OT: My geekbench score under Clover is LOWER than the one using Chimera, even by using the same ssdt file.. In clover I've also set the Smbios to MacPro 6,1..

What can I do to improve my score and to regain the highest score?

Chimera:
- single core: 4.636
- multi: 35.861 (sometimes 36k+)

Clover
- single core: 4568
- multi core: 32.341

Thank you all :D

The amount of drop in your GB score seems like it might be related to XHCI interrupts, although I have no idea if the XHCI interrupt issue is present in both Chimera and Clover, or just in Clover. Usually if there's massive amounts of XHCI interrupts (seems to happen in X99 systems), it can drop your GB about 3500. I was having the issue, and turned off XHCI (but lost most of my USB ports as a result) in order to gain CPU frequency stepping and improve performance. You can check in terminal by:

sudo powermetrics -s interrupts

Look for something like ~200,000 interrupts/second from XHCI on CPU0

Hi everyone!
OT: My geekbench score under Clover is LOWER than the one using Chimera, even by using the same ssdt file.. In clover I've also set the Smbios to MacPro 6,1..

What can I do to improve my score and to regain the highest score?

Chimera:
- single core: 4.636
- multi: 35.861 (sometimes 36k+)

Clover
- single core: 4568
- multi core: 32.341

Thank you all :D

Dang you all have really kept this thread up and going to help people. Awesome job. :thumbup:

But we still need your help :thumbup:
Did you upgrade to EC?

haha I'll have to look back and see if there are any major perplexing problems. And thank you for being so involved and helping people :mrgreen: Unfortunately I have not been able to come up with any solution for EC. Your not missing much of EC anyway. I installed it on 5 skylake 6700k computers we have at the office and its a mess of problems. Went back to Yosemite on all of them haha.

haha I'll have to look back and see if there are any major perplexing problems. And thank you for being so involved and helping people :mrgreen: Unfortunately I have not been able to come up with any solution for EC. Your not missing much of EC anyway. I installed it on 5 skylake 6700k computers we have at the office and its a mess of problems. Went back to Yosemite on all of them haha.
I think so too...i've EC on my iMac and i'm planning to come back to Yosemite...our hope is a full support of X99 and 5960X by Apple, just to solve some small issues with this system!

Just a heads up. If you guys see a security update 2015-006 1.0 in the App Store just ignore it.
I did the update and after rebooting the update request is still there. Not sure what kind of bug it is but I can tell you all it is a waste of my time. If anyone has any idea how to resolve this your input would be appreciated.

The amount of drop in your GB score seems like it might be related to XHCI interrupts, although I have no idea if the XHCI interrupt issue is present in both Chimera and Clover, or just in Clover. Usually if there's massive amounts of XHCI interrupts (seems to happen in X99 systems), it can drop your GB about 3500. I was having the issue, and turned off XHCI (but lost most of my USB ports as a result) in order to gain CPU frequency stepping and improve performance. You can check in terminal by:

sudo powermetrics -s interrupts

Look for something like ~200,000 interrupts/second from XHCI on CPU0

Thank you for the quick reply!

The fact is that I've already switched off xHCI because of a problem I have with a usb device (Nucleus, by SSL), that although it's a 5k controller doesn't support usb 3.0..

I've checked with you command line, but I can't read anything dealing with xHCI! I think it's normal since it is disabled by bios.

I have also used the kexts from this guide.. a really don't know what to do :(

Thank you again

Thank you for the quick reply!

The fact is that I've already switched off xHCI because of a problem I have with a usb device (Nucleus, by SSL), that although it's a 5k controller doesn't support usb 3.0..

I've checked with you command line, but I can't read anything dealing with xHCI! I think it's normal since it is disabled by bios.

I have also used the kexts from this guide.. a really don't know what to do :(

Thank you again
What bios definitions are you using?§

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back