Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

My building is X99-a/usb3.1 + i7-5960k) + Clover + M.2 (Samsung 950pro) +10.10.5,
I read the whole PDF carefully but I still have something wrong with my PC and can someone help me?
I patched kernel with this command line:sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel,but I still stoped at pci begin or restart here a few second later.Can someone give me a patched kernel which can be used in 10.10.5.

Thank you for any kind of support.

My building is X99-a/usb3.1 + i7-5960k) + Clover + M.2 (Samsung 950pro) +10.10.5,

Can you confirm your processor model - is it 5960X (not "k")? What GPU do you have in the system? What parameters do you send to Kernel on load (I did something as -v -x npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1)?

Happy new year to everyone!
Glad to announce that my hack is running smoothly and the geekbench (32bit) shows 23284 points.
The only problem is still Thunderbolt.
I tried everything in the guide and the tips from the community but no luck yet.
I´m using a Asus x99 Pro 3.1 and a Thunderboltex II card.
Windows does recognised and install the card and my Lacie Rugged thuderbolt is showed as attached but whenever I tried to boot into Mac Os the screen goes to black and I have to press delete to prompt the Clover main screen. But once there I just can select restart. I I try to boot form the M.2 Mac Os drive it goes back to black.
Any idea or user with the same problem??
Thanks!

Happy new year to everyone!
Glad to announce that my hack is running smoothly and the geekbench (32bit) shows 23284 points.
The only problem is still Thunderbolt.
I tried everything in the guide and the tips from the community but no luck yet.
I´m using a Asus x99 Pro 3.1 and a Thunderboltex II card.
Windows does recognised and install the card and my Lacie Rugged thuderbolt is showed as attached but whenever I tried to boot into Mac Os the screen goes to black and I have to press delete to prompt the Clover main screen. But once there I just can select restart. I I try to boot form the M.2 Mac Os drive it goes back to black.
Any idea or user with the same problem??
Thanks!

What M.2 drive are you using? If it's NVMe base it might not boot. Mac OS only supports AHCI

What M.2 drive are you using? If it's NVMe base it might not boot. Mac OS only supports AHCI

No its not a NVMe.
Mac Os works perfect but it just don´t boot when I plug the thunderboltex card.
Thanks!

No its not a NVMe.
Thanks!

Maybe it's thunderboltEX II issue....check if your settings in bios are the same as shown in the guide. When you boot it with THunderbolt card inserted is there the HDD inserted? If yes try to boot without it...Did you disable USB 3.1 from bios?

No its not a NVMe.
Thanks!

This sounds like it might be a memory allocation error. When you boot with -v as a clover option, where does it hang?

Here perhaps?
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16687 pages below 0x100000000)

This sounds like it might be a memory allocation error. When you boot with -v as a clover option, where does it hang?

Here perhaps?
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16687 pages below 0x100000000)

Yes correct!
It does stop there but it says that it can't allocate relocated block (0x169AD)
What can I do?
Thanks everyone for the time.

Yes correct!
It does stop there but it says that it can't allocate relocated block (0x169AD)
What can I do?
Thanks everyone for the time.

So this is basically the same issue I'm running into (although, I'm trying to get the system to boot off an NVME drive).

This issue gets discussed quite a bit here: http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/125/?page=0

To save you the time of reading a few hundred posts, I'll summarize what the thread details.

The kernel can only use 4gb of memory. On boot, it must load in all the ROMs for the various PCIe and other system devices that are needed at boot. To do this, it needs continuous blocks of memory. OsxAptioFixDrv is terrible at memory allocation, and so finding continuous blocks of memory sometimes doesn't happen, hence the error.

However: It seems that memory maps are not cleared with reboot. I've personally experienced this, and many of the people in that cloverefi bug report did as well. This means that once you get the message you will continue to get the message. The solution offered in the thread was to reset your bios. Personally, I just unplug my thunderbolt card, boot, and then replug it back in. Changing the PCIe configuration seems to force the boot mem-map to rebuild.

The bug report concludes with the issue either vanishing due to the new version of clover, or people still have it.

On another note, you might try out the alternate OsxAptioFixDrv-x99 that is provided by rrbunmc in his original post.

Best of luck. If you discover anything, please let me know.

Edit: I tried the bios config change suggested by bluesrain. The system doesn't boot at all. Running -v shows me that it hangs after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ] and it always hangs on the "HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kaby"

Edit: It actually just hangs on whatever comes after [ PCI configuration end, bridges 16, devices 21 ].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back