Vega 64 and Vega VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Please note that installing the USB 3 drivers from MultiBeast 5.0.2 causes VMWare Fusion to freeze upon startup. Removing the drivers (I used the vendor's uninstall app) fixes the issue and VMWare Fusion works as expected but you dont get USB 3 on the host.

The previous hacked drivers (MultiBeast 4.xx) from Lacie works just fine( but looking through the older threads users experienced other non VMWare related issues, which I never did).

Any thoughts or ideas on why this might happen with the new 5.0.2 drivers?

Updated:
Please remember that you need to combine the IOUSBFamily rollback with the Lacie drivers from MB 4.xx. I used Pacifist to install the the IOUSBFamily rollback since MB returned a failed install. Afterwards I fixed permissions using Disk Utility, rebooted and everything worked. I got 105 MBs on my external USB3 SSD. Link Speed in System info shows USB2 speeds, but is incorrect. It is superspeed (USB3).

Update 10-14-2012:
Using the hacked Lacie drivers causes the OS to not boot about 50% of the time. You have to switch the machine off and then on to get it to work. I also ran into an issue where using IOUSBFamily rollback caused my Audioengine D1 DAC and headphone amp not to be recognized as an audio device. Rolling back to no USB 3 drivers and clean 10.8.2 drivers resolved everything but left me with USB 2 only. So thats where I am at now.

I really hope the guys at tonymacx86 can help us figure this out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back