Sapphire R9 280
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!
I searched on the forum but I couldn't find an answer to my problem (and to be honest I'm not very expert in hackintoshes, I just built mine), I hope someone will be able to help me!
Let's go:
I run Mavericks 10.9.5 and I can't upgrade to Yosemite (I've already done that, then I downgraded because of incompatibilities with some programs I use almost everyday). I'd like to change my monitor (Samsung led 23" fullHD) to a 4K monitor (I'd like to buy Samsung u28d590)...
The problem is choosing the graphic card.
I've read many posts about 4K, and almost everyone resolved their issues (30hz instead of 60hz and so on) upgrading to Yosemite (with its support for some cards that don't run on Mavericks) but, as I said, I'm not able to upgrade!
I don't need a "monster" graphic card because I don't use my pc for gaming: mostly studying, audio editing and watching movies.
Keeping that in mind, I'm searching for a graphic card that:
-works on osx 10.9.5
-has displayport and can drive my -future- monitor at 4k@60Hz
-is possibly cheap :)lol:)

Anyone knows if this graphic card exist?

Thanks in advance for the answers!!

Hi everyone!
I searched on the forum but I couldn't find an answer to my problem (and to be honest I'm not very expert in hackintoshes, I just built mine), I hope someone will be able to help me!
Let's go:
I run Mavericks 10.9.5 and I can't upgrade to Yosemite (I've already done that, then I downgraded because of incompatibilities with some programs I use almost everyday). I'd like to change my monitor (Samsung led 23" fullHD) to a 4K monitor (I'd like to buy Samsung u28d590)...
The problem is choosing the graphic card.
I've read many posts about 4K, and almost everyone resolved their issues (30hz instead of 60hz and so on) upgrading to Yosemite (with its support for some cards that don't run on Mavericks) but, as I said, I'm not able to upgrade!
I don't need a "monster" graphic card because I don't use my pc for gaming: mostly studying, audio editing and watching movies.
Keeping that in mind, I'm searching for a graphic card that:
-works on osx 10.9.5
-has displayport and can drive my -future- monitor at 4k@60Hz
-is possibly cheap :)lol:)

Anyone knows if this graphic card exist?

Thanks in advance for the answers!!

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back