Contribute
Register

14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Ventura beta) as the target.

downlaoded opencore from the link in the installation guide and it does not contain an executable. Is there a bootloader for that?

Can't seem to find one in downloads

downlaoded opencore from the link in the installation guide and it does not contain an executable. Is there a bootloader for that?

Can't seem to find one in downloads

Hi there.

That's right. OpenCore does not have an "Installer" like Clover did.

You build your EFI folder and then place it in the hidden EFI partition of your boot drive. (You mount this using your favourite app. There's one in our Downloads section called EFI Mounter v3.1).

The key structure for the EFI folder is in the OpenCore download. For example:

EFI1.jpg

Because you are 64-bit use the X64 folders, not IA32. Put the EFI tree in the EFI partition. In the Docs folder you will find the sample.plist which is the beginning of all OC config.plist 's.

In the Utilites folder is "ocvalidate" which is used to check your work with Terminal.

:)

Last edited:
I am sorry, but I am completely lost here. I have not built a hackintosh for several years and it was through Clover.

Once I have the install disc created (I will be making a new one as I have used Clover to edit the current one) do I use an EFI loader to edit the EFI folder on the USB drive? Or do I have to create an EFI folder on the hard drive I am installing the OS on.

Thanks for your help on this. The install guide is really good right up to this point but at step 14 it just seems like it assumes you know what you are doing. I am not a computer novice but is stuff I a just not familiar with.

Gary

best to look into opencore
This may be helpful for some, but this means nothing to me. As I am already trying to use OpenCore and have a question about it.

Again, do I create an EFI folder on the new boot drive? If so, how? The EFI loader is an Mac App and MacOS is not loaded on the drive for the new machine.

Or does it go on the USB install disc? I was able to get on on the disc using CLover, but it does not install.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Gary

This may be helpful for some, but this means nothing to me. As I am already trying to use OpenCore and have a question about it.

Again, do I create an EFI folder on the new boot drive? If so, how? The EFI loader is an Mac App and MacOS is not loaded on the drive for the new machine.

Or does it go on the USB install disc? I was able to get on on the disc using CLover, but it does not install.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Gary
use efi mounter software to mount your efi partition on your drive

Frustrating that no one has followed up on your request. I'm stuck at the same place you are. How are you supposed to "install" the EFI folder onto the external installer drive? EFI Mounter Software ?!?

Frustrating that no one has followed up on your request. I'm stuck at the same place you are. How are you supposed to "install" the EFI folder onto the external installer drive? EFI Mounter Software ?!?

It depends on which operating-system you used to create your EFI folder.

Back