Contribute
Register

14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Ventura beta) as the target.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AZ DDR4
CPU
i5-12400
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Followed the instructions successfully (I think) down to

14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Ventura beta) as the target.

The downloaded file is just an EFI and User folder. There is no install option. I copied them over to the USB but when I try to use it as an install disk if fails. F12 shows the UEFI SMI USB Disk as a boot option, but does nothing.

What am I missing?

All the previous steps worked fine and the USB stick looks right. The terminal commands to create an install disc completed and showed success

Hardware
Gigabyte Z690 UD AZ DDR4 (Fast boot disabled)
12th Gen i5-2400

Thanks

Gary

after you create the USB you need to mount the EFI folder on the USB drive and install the Clover/Opencore to that EFI partition
so you need to run the CLover or Opencore installer or use OpencoreConfigurator or CloverConfigurator to download and install it for you

Yes, I get that I need to create a EFI folder. However, as I mentioned above (though not very clearly) when I downloaded the file from the link I got a zip file which expanded to an ISO file which contains an EFI and User folder and no executable that I can see. Is there another program I need to download to create and modify the EFI?

Thanks
Gary

Yes, I get that I need to create a EFI folder. However, as I mentioned above (though not very clearly) when I downloaded the file from the link I got a zip file which expanded to an ISO file which contains an EFI and User folder and no executable that I can see. Is there another program I need to download to create and modify the EFI?

Thanks
Gary

Hi there.

We need more info ...

What ISO did you download ?

I am adding it to a new system so I signed up for the beta program and downloaded the beta.app. Used the instructions to create an install disc

If you mean which did I EFI I downloladed, I am trying to use Clover.

Fine, typo i5-12400 processor

The instructions point to this file: Clover-5151-X64.iso and calls it a bootloader. It is not the bootloader only the EFI file itself. The bootloader is available under the Downloads/Clover as Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.5k r5102. Sadly not labeled as a bootloader nor mentioned in the instructions.

Also of note, when you run the bootloader package it gives you the option to change location of install. You must point it to the USB then. If you install like a program to be used (which is what the install screen implies) it will put the EFI file on that computer and you cannot change the location after that.

Fine, typo i5-12400 processor

The instructions point to this file: Clover-5151-X64.iso and calls it a bootloader. It is not the bootloader only the EFI file itself. The bootloader is available under the Downloads/Clover as Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.5k r5102. Sadly not labeled as a bootloader nor mentioned in the instructions.

Also of note, when you run the bootloader package it gives you the option to change location of install. You must point it to the USB then. If you install like a program to be used (which is what the install screen implies) it will put the EFI file on that computer and you cannot change the location after that.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Went through all steps to create install disc again, but this time with the new Ventura.app downloaded from the Apple store.

Plugged into new hardware and clover comes up. Click on Install and screen goes black with a No symbol and and a apple support webpage.

Motherboard bios has Secure boot disable, OS option set to Other OS,

I am reasonably certain it should run on this hardware as I purchased based on another poster saying they had no issues running. They did not even need to adjust kwets or EFI file

What next?

Gary

Went through all steps to create install disc again, but this time with the new Ventura.app downloaded from the Apple store.

Plugged into new hardware and clover comes up. Click on Install and screen goes black with a No symbol and and a apple support webpage.

Motherboard bios has Secure boot disable, OS option set to Other OS,

I am reasonably certain it should run on this hardware as I purchased based on another poster saying they had no issues running. They did not even need to adjust kwets or EFI file

What next?

Gary
best to look into opencore

Back