Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 4gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Looks like you forgot to install NullCPUPowermanagement.kext / FakeSMC.kext or you have force C/P states in your smbios.plist

I have the exact mobo and cpu combination and thought that I followed your guide, however I very clearly missed something. I'm having this same issue. It won't even boot from USB. Is there a way to fix those kets if you can't even boot from a USB drive?

Thanks for the thread. You're helping all of us that aren't dopes like myself. :)

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7 3930k OC 4.5GHZ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 680 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have the exact mobo and cpu combination and thought that I followed your guide, however I very clearly missed something. I'm having this same issue. It won't even boot from USB. Is there a way to fix those kets if you can't even boot from a USB drive?

Thanks for the thread. You're helping all of us that aren't dopes like myself. :)

Make sure you use these boot-flags to boot : -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=no

If that doesn't work try: -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=no dart=0

Also make sure you install "EasyBeast" from Multibeast once you're on your desktop.

Hope that helps.
Dave

Motherboard
x79 RIVE W/ EK MOSFET and chipset blocks
CPU
Graphics
EVGA GTX780 SC 2x Komodo Water Blocks
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I learned years ago how to install kexts on my own, which is what raises the question of why. For example your guide installs the 6 core cpu kext via multi beast but also installs it via your zip file. Why install them twice?

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thank you for posting your bios settings. I do not see in the pictures any mention of ACPI 2.0, ACPI APIC, or HPET mode (I see it enabled, but not a mode select)

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 4gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Tried every flag I know to try. Doesn't matter if I'm doing OS X or USB, still hangs at NullCPUManagement or KeyStore. Was working fine until I botched your guide. Pretty clueless where to go from here as I can't boot to anything.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Tried every flag I know to try. Doesn't matter if I'm doing OS X or USB, still hangs at NullCPUManagement or KeyStore. Was working fine until I botched your guide. Pretty clueless where to go from here as I can't boot to anything.

I tried everything too with this hang, its more time effective to reinstall, and attempt the guide again, but there isn't any point till we get all the bios settings sorted, I think that is what is messing us up.

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 4gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
How do you reinstall of you can't boot from unibeast either?

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
you mean you can't even boot into the installer? go back and reset bios optimized defaults, make sure your vt-d is disabled, and reboot from your unibeast drive, select the installer, and boot with the specified boot flags.

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 4gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I was able to boot to the installer. Thanks for the help.

To see whether I botched it the first time I attempted the guide again and came to the same error -- FakeSMCKeyStore. Just hangs there. I'll have to assume, like you, that our BIOS is missing something critical. I tried to go through the screen shots but am still unsure of a couple items. Mainly the first 2 listed in the guide. I was able to find the others. (At least I think).

Oh well, I'll put it on the shelf until this is ironed out.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was able to boot to the installer. Thanks for the help.

To see whether I botched it the first time I attempted the guide again and came to the same error -- FakeSMCKeyStore. Just hangs there. I'll have to assume, like you, that our BIOS is missing something critical. I tried to go through the screen shots but am still unsure of a couple items. Mainly the first 2 listed in the guide. I was able to find the others. (At least I think).

Oh well, I'll put it on the shelf until this is ironed out.

Yes, we will just have to wait for the bugs to be worked out of the guide. I got everything but sleep working with a different guide, but I am still wanting this one to work for me.