Contribute
Register

10.9.2 on Sabertooth x79 Core i7 3930k with Overclock [GUIDE / ADVICE / FILES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello DaveVegas

i have the same motherboard with bios 4608,4930k and GC EGVA GTX 650. ehwre is this ACPI 2.0
- ACPI APIC ? don't see it and i have a Powermangement may not supported on my -v npci=0x2000 and also a s
mc::smcInitHelper error take 10 minutes to get to Mavericks installer do i need to install ML 10.8.4 or 5 before mavericks? what is your MB bios?

First off Dave, thank you so much for the guide. This is the first time to get Mavericks up & running with on & off attempts since December.

I have one small issue. I can only start up by using the npci=0x2000 command.

Does the PCI Root ID Fix in MultiBeast correct that, or something else? I don't want to mess with anything since it took me so long to get it working!

Thanks in advance.

First off Dave, thank you so much for the guide. This is the first time to get Mavericks up & running with on & off attempts since December.

Does the PCI Root ID Fix in MultiBeast correct that, or something else? I don't want to mess with anything since it took me so long to get it working!

Thanks in advance.

Using 'npci=0x2000' is absolutely fine for your hackintosh and is fine to be used on a permanent basis. This can be done by selecting the option in Multibeast or by manually adding the flag in org.chameleon.boot.plist; both achieve the same result.

What is does in simple terms is to allow the PCI configuration of the system to be viewed/recognised in a slightly different way.

When you say you can 'only' start up using this flag, it really is not an issue at all. It doesnt need to be fixed, corrected or anything else.

Using 'npci=0x2000' is absolutely fine for your hackintosh and is fine to be used on a permanent basis. This can be done by selecting the option in Multibeast or by manually adding the flag in org.chameleon.boot.plist; both achieve the same result.

What is does in simple terms is to allow the PCI configuration of the system to be viewed/recognised in a slightly different way.

When you say you can 'only' start up using this flag, it really is not an issue at all. It doesnt need to be fixed, corrected or anything else.

Ok great, thank you so much!

So do I just need to add the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist;

<key>npci=0x2000</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Sorry for my naivety, I'm somewhat of a noob.

Ok great, thank you so much!

So do I just need to add the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist;

<key>npci=0x2000</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Sorry for my naivety, I'm somewhat of a noob.

Yes, that is absolutely correct.

Yes, that is absolutely correct.

Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried with & without the Yes string...still get the PCI error message without entering npci=0x2000

Any thing I might be doing wrong? Is there a specific place it needs to be entered in the chameleon file, or maybe another command that goes with it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried with & without the Yes string...still get the PCI error message without entering npci=0x2000

Any thing I might be doing wrong? Is there a specific place it needs to be entered in the chameleon file, or maybe another command that goes with it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

My comment referred to it being the correct way to add it in the configuration file. I dont know if it is right for your particular system.

There is also a value of 0x3000 that is sometimes used though, did you try that ?

There is also a value of 0x3000 that is sometimes used though, did you try that ?

Got it to work with the following (copied and pasted from my Mountain Lion boot file);
<string>darkwake=no npci=0x2000</string>

Yes, we will just have to wait for the bugs to be worked out of the guide. I got everything but sleep working with a different guide, but I am still wanting this one to work for me.

There are no "bugs" in this guide. That's just the guide that worked for me and I hope that it will work for people as well.

Hello DaveVegas

i have the same motherboard with bios 4608,4930k and GC EGVA GTX 650. ehwre is this ACPI 2.0
- ACPI APIC ? don't see it and i have a Powermangement may not supported on my -v npci=0x2000 and also a s
mc::smcInitHelper error take 10 minutes to get to Mavericks installer do i need to install ML 10.8.4 or 5 before mavericks? what is your MB bios?

If you look at my BIOS settings you can see that you can set the ACPI. I have BIOS 3*** hope that helps :)

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it! You have to put the "npci=0x2000" in your boot.plist located in your /extra folder under "bootflags". That's the only way and everyone has to do that (have it too).

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

Hope that guide helps people out there :)
Dave

Thanks Dave, got that working after I copied/pasted from my old ML plist.

The only issue I'm having now is an attempt at light overclocking.

I'm only trying to clock @ about 4 - 4.2GHz, but can't seem to do so successfully without dropping the frequency of my RAM.

I have 1600 MHz RAM, but it's dropping between 1066 & 1300 (I assume because of the BLCK adjustments I'm making). The second I hit 1600, my processor jumps back to 3.2GHz I also can't overclock unless Turboboost is left on.

Would anyone know the exact settings I need for the following?
-Bump up to 4.0-4.2 GHz on the processor
-Keep ram @ 1600MHz

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back