Contribute
Register

10.9.2 on Sabertooth x79 Core i7 3930k with Overclock [GUIDE / ADVICE / FILES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Dave and Stinky_Finger!

Got this working after multiple headaches.

EVERYONE PLEASE SEE stinky_finger's POST #58 TO AVOID PITFALLS THAT I HAD TO ENDURE

(including typo in org.chameleon.Boot.plist provided in the zip from Dave).

Thanks to all.

I'm glad I found your post as it solved my problem as well. Thank you for posting your findings.

I used this awesome guide several years ago and everything went without a hitch.
I had updated my Sabertooth X79 Motherboard BIOS just recently with the intent of upgrading to Yosemite using Clover.
I had issues with Yosemite like no sound after wake and 3.0 bluetooth not working so.... I went back to installing Mavericks again following this guide once more like I did before, except this time the system would hang at the AppleSMCKeystore line during boot up. The only way to boot into Mavericks was to enter the boot flag "DSDT=Null" as this guide suggest.

Some people wrote on the forums that one way to solve the AppleSMCKeystore hang was to Disable Turbo boost in the BIOS menu. I did that but to no avail. After reading your post it made sense that my updated BIOS could be causing a conflict with something. After booting into Mavericks with the DSDT=Null boot flag I went to my system "Extra" folder and removed the DSDT file rebooted and Whala! problem solved!:headbang: Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back