Contribute
Register

10.8.5 on GA-Z87MX-D3H with 4770K- Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary: have you run Multibeast yet and selected a power mode?

I used to (and maybe still do) get unknown cpu 0x3c, but it wasn't relevant in getting my system working. I also go a lot of Sound assertions, and my boot failed after saying something about Bluetooth. I also remember messages about power systems.

I have the same motherboard you do, I have no cards plugged in right now and one WD hard drive. I have a 4570 instead of 4770K.

Anyway. I went from not-working to working by disabling VT-d in BIOS, and selecting Desktop Power Scheme in multibeast.

To recap what I did was use safe mode (-x) to boot to the installer. Installed Mtn Lion. Then, running that new installation by again using safe mode, I used Multibeast to make changes. I'm now able to boot normally and sound is working. On-chip video appears to be working fine too, no flicker.

If you have a K processor, you don't have VT-d and therefore can't disable it.

I have disabled VT-d and I am able to boot using -x but I get no mouse and am having a lot of trouble getting Multibeast installed using only the keyboard.

Oh yeah one more thing. Once you run the installer and successfully put ML on the hard disk, you might want to check out the "Post-installation" section. More relevant info there. It took hours for that tip to occur to me...

The mouse worked one time and I managed to install and run MultiBeast. Now it is crashing during normal boot on an extension it looks like:

com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver(1.0.2d2)

I think this is because I set the machine identifier to Mac Pro 5,1 because I was planning on installing a GTX 650 later and I think the drivers need that identifier. I can get back in using -x, but no mouse again which really makes things difficult.

Ok, success. Managed to get to a shell without a mouse and deleted that AppleTyMCEDriver kext and it is now booting as a MacPro5,1 without -x

No hdmi audio and it isn't letting me go beyond 1920x1080 on an hdmi 1.4 cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back