1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I was able to install ML 10.8.5 just fine, but when I rebooted, it got suck on

"ACPI_SMS_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

I found this post: http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/haswell-cpuigpu-power-management-with-a-ga-z87m-d3h/
but I have no idea how to do what it says or what a lot of it means.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I get the same failure, with same mobo (Z87MX-D3H) and same processor (i7-4770K) :/

I have since updated my GA-Z87MX-D3H to BIOS update F5 from F2. There don't appear to be any compatibility changes.

Here are three error messages that I am getting when I boot not in safe mode listed in respective order of the images/filenames.

With boot flags of "-v"

With boot flags of "-v -f"

With boot flags of "-v -f npci=0x3000"

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 522
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 488
Dumb question - did you install Chimera 2.2? I had the same error with GA-Z87MX-D3H and i5-4570. Did 2 things:
- Disable vt-d in BIOS.
- Install Chimera 2.2.

I was doing clean install with latest unibeast and it was dropping Chimera 2.1, which doesn't have Haswell support. Had to boot with -x and install Chimera myself.

Yesterday Multibeast 5.5 came out and it has updated bootloader. Ran that and all is well. I am using IGP only. Other people with discrete cards mentioned success if they disable IGP.

Sorry, didn't realize you had "K" processor. It should be disabled on that by default. You have 2.2 boot loader, correct?

I am stuck in the same spot. UD3H motherboard with the bios updated to F7, Dhimera 2.2.1 and an i7-4771 (non-k):

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsubscribed
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
NTFS driver 3.10 [Flags: R/W].
NTFS volume name TOSHIBA EXT, version 3.1.
NTFS volume name TOSHIBA EXT, version 3.1.
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
(it never moves beyond that)

Anyone found a way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back