Contribute
Register

10.8.2 MIDI Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems so. May be one for Tony and the gang.

Thanks toomanyboats.
I confirm that as well.
I've done a little test on a fresh 10.8.2 installation, and it tourned out that is CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext that makes Logic stucked on checking midi drivers.
The other kext installed by Multibeast - CalDigitFastIO.kext - doesn't seem to give troubles.
Or either, as you posted, with both kext installed, disable usb 3 from bios settings.
Now, my question is:
we know that Lion Multibeast option for usb 3 installs PXHCD.kext, does it work for Mountain Lion usb 3 too? Because it seems to give no issues to Logic!

EDIT
For those who have NEC/Renesas D720200 controller or Etron EJ168 controller for usb 3.0 here what I did just now:
- deleted CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext from S/L/E
- copied PXHCD.kext from my Lion 10.7.4 S/L/E partition on desktop (the 10.8.2 desktop), or you can download from my attachment down here
- run Kextbeast
- repaired permission with Disk Utility
- reboot
- during POST of BIOS enabled usb 3 controller

Now I have both Logic and Usb 3.0 controller working on ML, as you can see from the picture I attached
Actually I'm not sure if usb 3 ports are fully working cause I don't have any usb 3 device, but at least the system recognized it!

Attachments

• PXHCD.kext.zip
    123.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Schermata 2012-10-04 alle 18.28.06.jpg
    Schermata 2012-10-04 alle 18.28.06.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 316
Thanks toomanyboats.
I confirm that as well.
I've done a little test on a fresh 10.8.2 installation, and it tourned out that is CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext that makes Logic stucked on checking midi drivers.
The other kext installed by Multibeast - CalDigitFastIO.kext - doesn't seem to give troubles.
Or either, as you posted, with both kext installed, disable usb 3 from bios settings.
Now, my question is:
we know that Lion Multibeast option for usb 3 installs PXHCD.kext, does it work for Mountain Lion usb 3 too? Because it seems to give no issues to Logic!

EDIT
For those who have NEC/Renesas D720200 controller or Etron EJ168 controller for usb 3.0 here what I did just now:
- deleted CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext from S/L/E
- copied PXHCD.kext from my Lion 10.7.4 S/L/E partition on desktop (the 10.8.2 desktop), or you can download from my attachment down here
- run Kextbeast
- repaired permission with Disk Utility
- reboot
- during POST of BIOS enabled usb 3 controller

Now I have both Logic and Usb 3.0 controller working on ML, as you can see from the picture I attached
Actually I'm not sure if usb 3 ports are fully working cause I don't have any usb 3 device, but at least the system recognized it!

I'm using an Motu 828MKII and before installation of this hardware Logic worked without problems, after installing the driver it hung on midi drivers. I tried removing the files from what others suggested at midi drivers in library but that didn't worked.

Disabling the USB 3.0 did not work with my setup. After trying what you wrote above logic 9.1.7 is working again.

I did not install any USB drivers from Multibeast though. The only thing i installed were nvidia + network drivers and the latest lion update 10.8.2.

Thanks mate!

Same issue here with Asus P7P55D and 10.8.2
Apps that want to use MIDI server [including Audio MIDI setup] hang and return error message about being unable to start MIDI server.

I didn't install USB3 drivers and there is no option to disable in Bios. I don't see CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext in S/L/E Am I missing something?
Would really like to get this working.

Currently running audio only with an external USB device [MBox 2] Couldn't get onboard Audio working and it was causing jerky graphics. Anyone suggest best way to enable onboard sound on Asus P7P55D

Thanks all

The Gimmer

Hey folks, First time post for me,
just got my HP Compaq running on ML, surprising without the need for multibeast yet (no audio though).
I mostly use the mac os for porting my multi-platform midi apps, using (ex nokia) C++ Qt framework, and RtMidi.
Ran into midi issues with my freeware programs on ML (GT-FxFloorBoard and GR-55FloorBoard), where midi devices would disappear in device selection lists and apps generally started crashing (as reported by many mac users recently upgraded to ML).
The result is in the past (and on other platforms) midi devices are opened, used, then closed/disposed, and the API deleted from memory when midi transactions are finished.
I found with ML the midi device doesn't like being closed/terminated, as the device will become unavailable, this requires re-writing the application software, and most midi devices require ML specific drivers.

Thought i would share that you, in case it may be relevant to someone.

@Toomanyboats - To say this was wrecking my dome is an understatement.

Disabling USB 3.0 did the trick. Thank you so much, worthy of a pint!

Same issue here. Can anyone tell me how to disable USB3 on a
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH? I thought disabling xHCI Pre-Boot and XHCI mode might do it, but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back