i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone !

After updating my hackintosh to 10.8.2 with combo package the system refuses to boot with nVidia GeForce GT520 installed. Booting with the -v flag I got that system freezes at the following line:
Code:
RTC: Only single b
When trying to boot with -x -v the system stops at:
Code:
[PCI Configuration begin

However the system boots fine if I remove the video card and use only the integrated Intel HD3000. Ah, also I had to re-apply MultiBeast to get audio working again.
I also tried to use this GeForce card at few other PC's - all ok, also absolutely no issues with 10.8.1 or 10.8.0

Here is my config:
Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 (rev1.1 F7)
Intel Core i3-2105
8gb RAM
Intel HD3000/nVidia GeForce GT520
OCZ Agility 3

I have another weird issue with 10.8.2 - all icons on finder sidebar are missing (see attachment), however in "Open file" window they are on place. Ideas ? :)

Attachments

• sidebar.png
    sidebar.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 144
try to boot with PCIRootUID=1

Code:
PCIRootUID=1
That worked for me, but seems like 10.8.2 is a real Time travelling machine - I got the same sleep/wake issue as in 10.8.0/10.8.1 before nVidia released updated driver. Anyway, thanks. Let's keep finger crossed for nVidia to release updated drivers !

Same issue here
10.8.2 unibeast install with user DSDT F6.aml
GTX 460 graphics
GA-Z68XP-UD5 with F6 bios update
Install completes OK but after running Multibeast 5.1.2 w/ F6.aml got hanged at apple logo screen
rebooted with -v selected and saw that was stuck at "PCI configuration begin"
rebooted with -v ncpi=0x2000 and was able to login successfully
added npci=0x2000 into Kernel Flags by editing .plist
rebooted again this time I got white screen with apple logo AND the spinning wheel and few(30-40) seconds later the "stop sign".
rebooted with -v and got to a point where it's said "Still waiting for root device"
rebooted with -v PCIRootUID=1 and was able to login successfully
added PCIRootUID=1 into Kernel Flags by editing .plist
shutdown than started up and got to same issue - white screen with apple logo AND the spinning wheel and few(30-40) seconds later the "stop sign".
IT LOOKS LIKE AFTER COMPLETE SHUTDOWN YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ENTER -v npci=0x2000 or -v PCIRootUID=1 to BOOT :banghead:
here is what I have in .plist and multibeast
Help please
Screen Shot1.jpgScreen Shot2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back