Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Update + 10.7.3 Kernel Constant Reboot Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm again in 10.6.7 with vanilla kernel. This is very strange.

In fact I have two HD's, one with 10.6.7 and vanilla kernel, and another with 10.6.6 and legacy kernel
If I choose the second one (legacy), sometimes (in this case after I've made a repair directory with DiskWarrior to HD1-vanilla from HD2-legacy) at the chameleon prompt, well, my system is booting up in first HD-vanilla. Yes, yes

If I try to boot directly to HD1-vanilla I get "No legacy_kernel found" ??? I must say I have mach_kernel in apple.com.boot.plist

If I disconnect the HD2-legacy I'll get constant loop reboot like before...

I havent had a chance to look at this weekend, been doing groundworks at home laying turf etc - may get a chance to play tonight and will test some of the suggestions - Thank you

Out of interest does anyone with an MSI board have a vanilla SB kernel 10.6.7 update successfully working? Dont think i've seen anyone post yet....

I'm begining to understand. It wasn't vanilla kernel. Strangely my system is booting up using the kernel legacy instaled in my second HD. How ? I don't know. Is like is using the second HD like an IbootCD to booting up.

Well, a litlle vodou doesn't hurt

doof said:
I had a similar problem. Try disabling both sata3 and usb3 in bios. That worked for me.
Doof, so you have yours working? What steps did you use to set up?

I was able to find the USB3 setting, but how do you disable SATA3 in BIOS?

Ok, so I tried all the suggestions, disable USB3, disable SATA3, set base (non turbo multi) to 32x, reset the whole board to defaults and then the preceding options... ...no joy.

Still get the same issue. Seems that others have had this issue, and some, manage to resolve it. But it always seems to be non MSI users that resolve the problem.

My next step is to play with an edited DSDT that I've been sent. Bit late now but will try tomorrow night and report back - still very interested to know if anyone else has heard of a P67A-GD55/65 working properly with vanilla SB kernel and 10.6.7 combo update.

Thanks to all contributions so far

uurubuuru said:
Reboot loop was fixed in my case by setting clock multiplier to 32x, as suggested by Gordo in viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323&start=0

uurubuuru, I think you're one of those who managed to fix it on a Gigabyte board. Those of us with MSI boards are still having the trouble.

I'm just about ready to return this MSI board. Can anyone with a Gigabyte board claim 100% success with Sandy Bridge yet? Audio, Ethernet, Sleep, HDD booting, full speed processor, etc. What model are you using?

IcePiq said:
I'm just about ready to return this MSI board. Can anyone with a Gigabyte board claim 100% success with Sandy Bridge yet? Audio, Ethernet, Sleep, HDD booting, full speed processor, etc. What model are you using?

Yup. 100% Working and 100% Vanilla. See how here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back