Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Update + 10.7.3 Kernel Constant Reboot Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here Andy no boot possible with your CDboot

Booting is not a problem... I can boot my install from the iboot legacy CD but its booting the legacy i386 kernel not the new SB one so it just leaves us were we where before with the legacy kernel... which is all well and good but it thats not my goal - done that many times before with various systems.

My main goal is to get it booting from the HDD with a native SB kernel so I can start building the system towards every day use. At the moment thats a little way off imo, but hey, its just a project.

At least i've got my trusty MBP to keep in contact till then ;)

...still yet to try my DSDT's but will do soon, I've got some ideas of stuff to test regards BIOS setup too, as i've seen (at least anecdotal) evidence these MSI boards work fine with Snow Leopard. I will keep you posted.

Glad to see we're going to track this issue for MSI boards. I'm in the same situation as you. You can check out my config on the left. I can boot up just fine using the iBoot Legacy disc, with smooth graphics, but I can't seem to boot from the HDD.

Tried again but still nothing.
I hope I'll not be forced to sell this motherboard, I like it.

I haven't even had my board a week. Would I have more luck with a Gigabyte board if I returned this one?

Same here, with the same MSI board. I was thinking it was my ATI 5770, but it must be my mobo. Oh well. Ill sell it and get a different one.

dont know why but got 10.6.7 with 10.7.3 kernel booting from HD

did a fresh install with iBoot legacy, 10.6.3 retail, update combo to 10.6.6, legacy kernel for 10.6.6 and chameleon SB.
When i booted to 10.6.6 from HD got a black screen and couldn't boot into osx from HD.
I could boot from iBoot 2.7 into osx, so thought f*ck it let's try 10.6.7 and bridgehelper 2.0...

After reboot i booted from HD into 10.6.7 =)
About this Mac recognise my intel i5 core CPU, memory however is still al ddr2 800MHz...

okay try'd some testing with busratios, and found out that i can only boot into osx when is set my busratio in my bios to 29, other ratios 30+ results in a black screen even when i use bootflag busratio=29!!!

weird...

Hey guys some good news here with MSI P67A-GD65. I'm writing this from 10.6.7 with vanilla kernel.

I did two major changes last time

1- Upgrade to the last 1.9 Bios here
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD65.html#/?div=BIOS

2- I've dessabled USB 3.0 in BIOS

( I don't know if is one or another changes who make it possible)

Well, I've got here some strange behavieor. I'm no more able to boot anymore, I don't know why.
Sorry for the false joy.

Same issue here on a Gigabyte board and I know it happens on Asus boards, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back