Contribute
Register

10.12 Sierra and HD Audio (Tested and working on Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte-Z170-GAMING-K3
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So,

Last night I setup my very first hackintosh and have been battling to get HD Audio working (Via Nvidia Graphics)

I have been struggling over the last 24hrs to get a working solution.

I followed this thread thinking it would be nice and easy (as the rest of the install has been), but I was wrong!

When running that script I was getting errors such as:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
and
No Audio Codec installed.

Using DPCIManager showed no Codec ID's.

I tried this thread too, but no joy.

I tried installing various drivers using multibeast, followed a few threads and tutorials from toleda all with no luck.

UNTIL.....

I managed to stumble across this kext from toleda - https://github.com/toleda/audio_kext_enabler

I installed the Kext using DPCIManager, rebooted and ran DPCIManager again - this time the Codec ID's showed up!

I then ran the audio_cloverHDMI-120.command again and now it finally picked up the Nvidia card, downloaded and installed the drivers.

Now I have working HD Audio :D

Hopefully this helps someone else stuck in the same boat!

Thanks. This process worked for me first try. Is there any way to get volume control though?

I haven't tried that as I have my rig connected through my A/V Receiver. I adjust my volume through that.....

So,

Last night I setup my very first hackintosh and have been battling to get HD Audio working (Via Nvidia Graphics)

I have been struggling over the last 24hrs to get a working solution.

I followed this thread thinking it would be nice and easy (as the rest of the install has been), but I was wrong!

When running that script I was getting errors such as:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
and
No Audio Codec installed.

Using DPCIManager showed no Codec ID's.

I tried this thread too, but no joy.

I tried installing various drivers using multibeast, followed a few threads and tutorials from toleda all with no luck.

UNTIL.....

I managed to stumble across this kext from toleda - https://github.com/toleda/audio_kext_enabler

I installed the Kext using DPCIManager, rebooted and ran DPCIManager again - this time the Codec ID's showed up!

I then ran the audio_cloverHDMI-120.command again and now it finally picked up the Nvidia card, downloaded and installed the drivers.

Now I have working HD Audio :D

Hopefully this helps someone else stuck in the same boat!

I tried these steps a couple of times with no success (I must be doing something wrong) when using the DPCI Manager to load the kexts I do get two errors - and not sure if this is how the app works, there's nothing to save? Note, audio Codec IDs that do show up. Before I upgraded to Sierra I was only able to get audio using my mobo rear jack output anyway, I've never had audio working with my HDMI.

DCPIManagerNothingToSave.png
DCPIError2Apple.png
DCPIError1Realtec.png

I tried these steps a couple of times with no success (I must be doing something wrong) when using the DPCI Manager to load the kexts I do get two errors - and not sure if this is how the app works, there's nothing to save? Note, audio Codec IDs that do show up. Before I upgraded to Sierra I was only able to get audio using my mobo rear jack output anyway, I've never had audio working with my HDMI.

View attachment 215333 View attachment 215332 View attachment 215331

Did you run Toleda's script for audio?

Try remove those kexts manually and redo the steps

Did you run Toleda's script for audio?

Try remove those kexts manually and redo the steps
Yes, ran audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command. I removed those and tried to reinstall the kexts but got an error saying they were already installed.

KernalExists.png

Last edited:
After removing the kexts, you need to reboot and then empty trash
Thanks, I did try that - I know longer get the errors on the System Extension but still get the message that the others (HDAEnabler) already installed. Oddly enough the OS sees the HDMI output device.

SysAudioDevices.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back