Contribute
Register

10.12 Sierra and HD Audio (Tested and working on Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any other drivers/kexts installed for HDA?
Here's everything I see.
Note: In the folder Other, there is a duplicate (instruction when updating to Sierra said to copy these there).

CloverKexts.png

Here's everything I see.
Note: In the folder Other, there is a duplicate (instruction when updating to Sierra said to copy these there).

View attachment 215494

Using the Go To Folder command, type in /Library/Extensions

That is where you should be looking for extra kexts

Using the Go To Folder command, type in /Library/Extensions

That is where you should be looking for extra kexts
Right, here's what's in the system extension folder.
NOTE: If there are other HDA related drivers I would not know by name, there are a lot of other in this folder.

HDA-inExt.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.55.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.55.20 PM.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 279
Get rid of all those HDA Enablers. Remember to reboot your computer and then empty trash.

Im not sure what other audio related kext's you have, but they should also go

These are the kexts I have :

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.55.20 PM.png

Hmm, now I'm more confused, page 1 of this posts (though does not specify which ones, points to installing Toledo's kexts from Github. Not sure where I should (if I should start) removing all my system kexts, as there are so many, most are Apple's own.

ToledoKexts.png

Partial list of mine.
LotsOfKexts.png

Reason I say remove them is just to start from scratch.

What happens once you have run the other Clover script?
Thanks, tried removing all, reinstalling, ran Clover script (see below) but still no HDMI (or any audio).
audio_cloverHDMI-120.png

UPDATE: I finally was able to get HDMI audio and my graphics card/drivers working just by changing my system profile from 17,1 back to 14,2. Not sure yet want functionality I'm missing by not using a profile specific to my Skylake processor.

Last edited:
Hi everyone !

No way to make HDMI sound work with sierra... it was ok with 10.11 but since I've updated to sierra it doesn't work...

I have a GA Z97N, with GTX750 nvidia i5 4460

I have tried a lot of things, on 10.11 this method work fine :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-hdmi-audio-for-nvidia-amd-cards-easy-way.145399

- Since my update, I tried the same, but it doesn't work
- I have tried this one, but no more success https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867
- and of course I tried this post method, but no more success... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-12-sierra-and-hd-audio-tested-and-working-on-nvidia.204137

Capture d’écran 2016-11-12 à 19.18.57.png

I tried to insert Kext, but after rebooting twice, I have this on DPCI and nothing si sound panel

Capture d’écran 2016-11-12 à 19.20.03.png
Capture d’écran 2016-11-12 à 19.20.43.png

I tried to inject string 1 and 3, but still not working...

Capture d’écran 2016-11-12 à 19.22.42.png

Someone in an other post suggest me to delete 10.12 folder and let only this kext, but it doesn't work, I tried to install this post kext (HDAEnabler1.kext), no more success, then I delete HDAEnabler to install HDMIAudio.kext, and nothing happened.

Thank you for reading this long post, if you have any idea let me know !!

And sorry for my english

This worked for me. Thanks!

For those who upgraded directly from El Capitan, make sure to clear out your old HDA kext patches in config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back